These pressure cooker cabbage rolls take only 25 to make, yet they taste like the flavors have been melding for hours! They are small, but they are packed with flavor, healthy, and fun to eat.
Try this Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls recipe for dinner tonight! Keep reading for some helpful tips.
Table of Contents
Can I Make These Without Turkey?
Is Ground Turkey Better For You Than Ground Beef?
Ground turkey typically contains a smaller fat percentage than ground beef, but this isn’t always true. If you are looking for a low-fat protein option, select ground meat that is at least 90% lean, whether you use beef or turkey.
Ground white meat turkey is very lean—usually 97-99 percent thin—so it’s very healthy but can be slightly lacking in flavor. A mix of white and dark meat about 90 percent lean is a healthy and flavorful choice.
The packaging doesn’t always specify whether it’s white or dark meat, but the fat percentage and color of the turkey should give it away. Ground turkey made entirely with white meat is significantly lighter in color than a mixture of light and dark meat.
Can I Use Vegetable Oil?
Yes, if you don’t have avocado oil you can use any neutral vegetable oil or canola oil. If you can, I highly recommend trying avocado oil—it’s filled with antioxidants and heart-healthy fatty acids, making it one of the healthiest oils!
What Should I Serve These With?
Need more ideas? Check out What To Serve With Cabbage Rolls for 15 delicious side dishes.
Instant Pot Cabbage Recipes
Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the cabbage leaves.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add oil, onion, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, turkey, oregano, salt, pepper and sauté for 4 more minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixture to a bowl
- Place mixture into the cabbage leaves and roll them. Place them in a suitable Bowl.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot. Add water and put the bowl with the prepared cabbage rolls on the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Once done, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and remove the bowl with the rolls.
- Remove the water and the trivet from the Instant Pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Press Sauté and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce on a plate and add rolls on top. Serve and enjoy!