The best way to make red cabbage is in the Instant Pot!
Have a healthy and vegetarian meal in only 10 minutes.
A sweet, sour and tangy mix is here to make your mouth water with its inspiring aroma. It is best for all the special diets.
For a complete purple dining table, you can also make this Instant Pot beets recipe 🙂
This Instant Pot purple cabbage is a great side dish or a healthy snack.
Table of Contents
Cabbage - Use red cabbage. You can use green cabbage as well or even mix them both.
Apples - Use Granny Smith, golden delicious or gala for best results.
You can play with the spices according to your taste.
Is red cabbage the same as purple cabbage?
Yes. They are both the same.
Instant Pot Cabbage Recipes
Instant Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
Instant Pot Pork and Cabbage Soup
Instant Pot Red Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup merlot
- 3 tablespoon pink wine vinegar
- 2½ lb red cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste for serving
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot.
- Add oil and onions and sauté until soft.
- Stir in apples and vinegar. Cook until absorbed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and ground pepper and serve 🙂