These Instant Pot Banana Chips have sweet and salty crisps treat that is great for snacking on the go.
In order to make Instant Pot Banana Chips, all you need is an Air Fryer Lid and some ripe bananas.
These Instant Pot Banana Chips are so easy to make and can be whip up as air fryer banana chips or baked banana chips.
In my opinion it's one of the best Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid recipes you can make.
If you like Instant Pot dehydrator recipes, this is a great option since you can use the Dehydrator function instead of the Air Fryer function.
If you don't have Air Fryer Lid, check out below for instructions for other kitchen appliances.
A quick healthy snack you can make at home!
Instant Pot Banana Chips Recipe Video
Are these Banana Chips healthy?
A raw banana provides plenty of health benefits.
But to be honest, You ain't going to gain these benefits when you consume a single serving of these banana chips...
(Just end up having extra carbs and fat...)
On the other hand, Banana chips are a healthier alternative to potato chips and other store-bought snacks.
Can I make it without the Air Fryer Lid?
Air Fryer Lid (or similar lid) is the best option, but if you don't have one, here are a few more ways:
Dehydrate at 135°F for 10 hours.
Then lip the chips and dehydrate for another 2 hours or until dry.
You can also use the dehydrator function on the Instant Pot \ Air Fryer lid.
Heat oven to 200 °F and bake for 1 hour. Flip and bake again for 1 more hour.
Place in a single layer on a plate and microwave for 1 minute.
Flip chips and microwave for 1 more minute.
Wait 1 minute and microwave for 1 last minute.
What kind of toppings and seasonings should I use?
There are a bunch of options with seasonings.
Just a little bit of salt is one of my favorite ways to snack on my banana chips. But you can try:
- Changing up the salt.
- Vary spices like ground cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika.
- Use cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or chipotle to add some heat
- If you have a sweet tooth then add melted chocolate, cardamom, or cinnamon sugar at the end to make them sweeter.
- soak in water with lemon water instead of salt & turmeric.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Of course, make them ahead for an anytime snack or eat.
Just let the chips cool down and then store them in a dry airtight container for a week.
Make sure they are completely cool so no moisture is added to the container.
How to make Instant Pot Banana Chips?
Gather the 5 magical ingredients.
Take a bowl, add water, turmeric, and salt and stir well.
Soak your bananas in the water.
Take the bananas out and let the water dry.
Cut into any shape your want and add them into a bowl.
Pour some coconut oil.
Add turmeric powder & mix well.
Take your Instant Pot, add the chips into it.
Cover the pot and Air Fry at 380 F for 18 minutes.
Now flip the chips and Air Fry at 380 F for ANOTHER 18 minutes.
Dish out and enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Air Fryer Snacks
Instant Pot Banana Chips
- 3 bananas raw
- 2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon turmeric divided
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a bowl mix 2 tablespoon of turmeric, salt and water.
- Place the bananas in the water and let them soak.
- Take out the bananas and let them dry. You an use a tissue paper as well.
- Cut the bananas into rings or any shape you like.
- In a bowl mix banana pieces, coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- Place the basket inside the Instant Pot and place the banana pieces inside.
- Add the banana pieces in it and cover the pot with an air fryer lid.
- Cover with the Air Fryer Lid and Air fry at 380 °F for 18 minutes.
- Open the lid and flip the banana chips.
- Cover with the Air Fryer Lid and Air fry at 380 °F for another 18 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- Alternatively, you can use the Dehydrator function and Dehydrate at 135°F for 10 hours.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you can add melted chocolate, cardamom, or cinnamon sugar at the end.
- Feel free to add different spices like ground cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika and anything you like.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂