Bigos, also known as Polish Hunter Stew is a traditional recipe from Poland. Bigos is a rich flavorful stew and it tastes better if it is cooked longer.
This time we are making it using the Instant Pot pressure cooker, means we save time and yet get a delicious result!
Can I use chicken?
Yes. You can replace the 1 lb of pork with 1lb of chicken, cut into cubes as well.
How to serve?
Here are some ideas for side dishes:
Instant Pot Pork Recipes
Instant Pot Bigos
- ½ cabbage sliced and boiled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lb bacon sliced
- 1 lb pork diced
- 1 lb Kielbasa sausage sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups sauerkraut
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil sauerkraut in about 2 cups of water, strain and set sour water aside.
- Press "Saute" and add olive oil.
- Add bacon and saute for a few minutes. Take it out and keep aside.
- Add pork and sausage and saute for 5 minutes until brown. Take it out and keep aside.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until golden.
- Add cabbage, sauerkraut, tomato paste, sour water, pork, salt and pepper and chicken stock. Stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick release and open the lid.
- Add bacon slices on top and serve 🙂