Let's make chicken wings in your Instant Pot!
This recipe is super easy and takes only 14 minutes.
Serve the wings as appetizer while your guests are waiting for the main dish.
For this recipe we only use the pressure cook function, so no need for the Air Fryer Lid.
Table of Contents
How to serve?
As is with many napkins...
If you want, you can dips like:
In fact, these chicken wings are one of the best sides for spinach artichoke dip.
Can I use frozen wings?
Sure. In this case, increase the cooking time to 15 minutes (instead of 10).
What if I want crispy wings
If you still want your wings to be grilled, after cooking just broil them at a 375 ˚F for 10 minutes.
For more details and video guide, check out this Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Wings recipe where we are using the Air Fryer Lid.
If you have an air fryer, you can make this Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe as well.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings
- 12 pieces chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon suger
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, sriracha sauce, sliced onion and black pepper.
- Add Chicken wings to the sauce and marinated for 1 hour.
- Place the chicken wings with the sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release and open the lid.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
24 thoughts on “Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings”
Can this recipe be doubled?
Yes, as long as it all fits in your Instant Pot! Double all of the ingredients, but leave cook time the same.
I am confused, I have read the recipe many times and no mention of air fryer yet in the Q and A section you mention IP and AF in an answer to VJ, combined cooking time of 20 minutes.
There's an accessory that is sold separately from the Instant Pot, the Crisp Lid or Air Fryer lid, that basically turns the Instant Pot into an air fryer. If you have one of those, there's an optional step at the end of this recipe to use it to make the wings more crispy. See the part above titled "How to make crispy chicken wings." You can also use the oven if you don't have an Air Fryer lid accessory. Hope that helps!