Tired of Gizzards taking too long to cook on the stovetop?
Worry not, cause the best way to cook Chicken Gizzards is in an Instant Pot.
It’s the best way to guarantee that they are delicate and flavorsome every time!
Please note that for this Instant Pot Chicken Gizzards I'm using the Air Fryer, so in fact it's an Air Fryer Chicken Gizzards.
If you don't have an Air Fryer Lid yet, don't worry! Bellow you can find instructions how to make it using only the Instant Pot.
How to make chicken gizzards without Air Fryer Lid?
- Add 1 cup of water and the chicken gizzards to the Instant Pot
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy.
What are Chicken Gizzards?
Gizzards resemble the second stomach in many birds.
They are quite solid and it serves to breakdown seeds and other intense food sources for them.
How to Serve?
Serve these crispy & tasty chicken gizzards with different kinds of dips & sauces.
Is Gizzard healthy?
Yes, Gizzards are low in calories, high in protein, low in fat, and have zero carbs.
While being healthy, the taste isn't compromised either.
What else can I use instead of Chicken?
You can try the same recipe with different types of meat.
Try utilizing Turkey gizzards, or any other that you prefer.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Gizzards?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Take a bowl, add buttermilk, and hot sauce into it.
Mix it well.
Take ANOTHER bowl, add in all other ingredients except Gizzards.
Now marinate the gizzard in the sauce and then cover with flour mixture.
Do the same with each one of them.
Once done, take the instant pot, place a fryer basket in it and transfer the gizzards to it.
Cover the pot with an Air Fryer Lid and air fry at 400F for 6 minutes.
If not cooked properly, turn upside down and Air fry one more time.
Your perfect Chicken Gizzards may look something like this!
Now dish out and serve hot 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Gizzards
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 ¼ cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb gizzards
- In a bowl mix buttermilk and hot sauce.
- In another bowl mix self-rising flour, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Marinate the gizzards in the buttermilk sauce.
- Then cover with the flour mixture.
- Place the air fryer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Place the gizzards in the air fryer basket in one layer and close the lid.
- Air fry at 400 °F for 6 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂