Taste a slice of your favorite cake without even using your oven! Your Instant Pot can help you enjoy fluffy baking products even in summer when you don’t feel like staying in a hot and stuffy kitchen.
Instant Pot Vanilla Cake Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar, then add the whisked egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the second bowl while stirring constantly.
- Add milk the the mix and keep stirring.
- Grease a pan (that fit your Instant Pot) with some butter, and pour your mixture inside.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and correctly place the trivet.
- Cover the pan with foil and place it on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once done, white for a natural steam release.
- Let the cake cool a little, and then remove it from the pan.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks