Yellow cake is a moist and versatile cake with simple ingredients and easy steps.
You can make it easily using your Instant Pot and enjoy a quick dessert for breakfast.
What to put between the layers?
If I'm making a 3-layer cake, I'm using a thick and stuff buttercream between the layers.
How about the frosting?
It can be used with any frosting and icing you like. Some ideas:
Instant Pot Cake Recipes
Instant Pot Yellow Cake
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt a pinch
- buttercream or vanilla for frosting, optional
- 2 cups water for the Instant Pot
- In a bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix sugar with eggs, and then add vanilla extract and butter.
- Beat the eggs well and slowly add into sugar while mixing constantly, then add vanilla extract and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stir well and make a batter.
- Add milk to have a perfect consistency.
- Place parchment paper or butter paper into a springform pan or a cake tin.
- Pour the cake mix into a springform pan or cake tin and cover with the tin lid or foil.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and place a cake on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Take out the cake and serve with buttercream or vanilla frosting.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂