This Instant Pot tofu curry is an Indian dish having a flavorsome aroma and exquisite taste. It is healthy, vegan and has 0% cholesterol.
Craving some good taste in a short time?
Try this fully loaded with taste and healthy nutrients Instant Pot Tofu Curry.
Why This Recipe Works
One of the most delicious one-pot meals and guess what this recipe only takes a little while to serve your hunger's thunder in the tummy.
There are a lot of delicious Indian curries but this one has a separate fan base 😉 as we are using the best and healthy ingredients to save your time and to serve you the best.
This one-pot recipe serves you a delicious taste and warmth in less than 15 minutes.
Tofu- The main ingredient of this dish, it is made of condensed soy milk that is shaped like a block, also known as Bean Curds, Tofu can be silken, firm, extra-firm, or super firm but here we are making it extra-firm.
Curry paste- Add to make this recipe tastier, prepared with some spices and veggies, you don't have to prepare it, buy your favorite curry paste from any market.
Kaffir Lime Leaves- It has a citrusy flavor or bitter taste because of its leaves. Many of us don't like much so you can also add Traditional lime leaves, But I would personally recommend you to try Kaffir Lime Leaves. If you don't have them, you can use any Kaffir Lime Leaves Substitute instead.
Vegetables - anything you like. I used red and green bell peppers and onion.
How to make
First, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chopped onions into the pot.
Set pot on "Saute" for 10 minutes.
Add Following Peppers into the pot.
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ Red and Green Pepper
Mix the ingredients.
Now add 1 tablespoon of Curry paste.
Add 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves.
Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into the pot.
Add ½ cup of Tofu to the pot.
Add 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar.
Now add salt to taste.
Dish out the curry and serve the delicious and flavorsome taste to your hungry tummy.
How to Serve
You can serve it with NAAN soft-naan or garlic naan would be great,
You can sprinkle some fresh diced cilantro, brown onion, or parsley.
Or you can have it with cilantro lime rice or any rice you like.
Can I store it?
Yes, you can store Tofu curry in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Just microwave before serving again.
What else we can add?
You can add tomatoes canned or chopped both will work or you can also spice it up with cumin, turmeric, black pepper, or cayenne.
You can also use crispy tofu instead of firm tofu.
Instant Pot Curry Recipes
Instant Pot Tofu Recipes
Instant Pot Tofu Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper chopped
- ½ red and green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup tofu cube
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt to taste
- Add olive oil and chopped onion to the pot and set the pot on 'Saute' for 10 mins.
- Now, add chopped yellow bell pepper, chopped red and green pepper, curry paste, kaffir lime leaves, coconut milk, cubed tofu, and brown sugar into the pot
- Add salt as per your taste and stir the ingredients until cooked
- Serve the great taste of tofu to your tummy!
- If you want the tofu to be chunkier you have to boil tofu in the sauce first.
- You can use cauliflower rice or shirataki rice instead of regular rice if you are on a low-carb diet.
- If you are making it buttery try using dairy and anyone who has Lactose intolerance uses vegan butter.