These pork chops are tender, juicy and flavorful and are cooked in tomato sauce along with many other ingredients to boost its flavor.
Instant Pot Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 2 pork loin chops boneless 1¼ inches thick
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Mix together ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of sugar, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce in a bowl and add pork chops to marinate.
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and add oil and marinated pork chops.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes on each side and dish out.
- Add shallots, onions, mushrooms andgarlic in the Instant Pot.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add mushrooms, salt and black pepper.
- Add 1/8 cup of water and mix thoroughlywith a wooden spoon.
- Mix together ketchup, tomato paste, ½ cup of water, ½ teaspoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mixture to the Instant Pot along with the pork chops.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” at “High Pressure”for about 2 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Dish out the pork chops and set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode.
- Add more salt, pepper and cornstarch with water and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the tomato sauce over the pork chops and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.