These pork chops are tender, juicy and flavorful and are cooked in tomato sauce along with many other ingredients to boost its flavor.
- 2 pork loin chops boneless 1¼ inches thick
- 1/4 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Mix together ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of sugar, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce in a bowl and add pork chops to marinate.
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and add oil and marinated pork chops.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes on each side and dish out.
- Add shallots, onions, mushrooms andgarlic in the Instant Pot.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add mushrooms, salt and black pepper.
- Add 1/8 cup of water and mix thoroughlywith a wooden spoon.
- Mix together ketchup, tomato paste, ½ cup of water, ½ teaspoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mixture to the Instant Pot along with the pork chops.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” at “High Pressure”for about 2 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Dish out the pork chops and set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode.
- Add more salt, pepper and cornstarch with water and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the tomato sauce over the pork chops and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.