Homemade jams always have an edge over packaged ones. With a few fresh figs and your Instant Pot or any other Pressure Cooker, you’ll be able to obtain this delicious and naturally sweet jam to be served for breakfast but also together with cheese for a gourmet appetizer.
You can use this pressure cooker fig jam recipe for all varieties of figs (green, purple, red …). Delicious on toast, with cheese and foie gras.
Pro tip: Choose only completely ripe figs since they are better for this recipe (and also cheaper!).
- 1 lb fresh and ripe figs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Wash and chop your figs .
- Place figs, lemon juice and honey into your Instant Pot and stir.
- Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Quickly release the steam, open the lid and with a hand mixer. mix the figs until the texture is smooth.
- Add chia seeds and mix well. The jam will thicken once cold
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks