Homemade jams always have an edge over packaged ones. With a few fresh figs and your Instant Pot (or any other Pressure Cooker), you’ll be able to obtain this delicious and naturally sweet jam to be served for breakfast but also together with cheese for a gourmet appetizer.
Choose only completely ripe figs and enjoy this fruity treat!
- 1 lb fresh and ripe figs
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Wash and chop your figs.
- Place figs, lemon juice and sugar into your Instant Pot and stir.
- Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Quickly release the steam, open the lid and add the cornstarch mixture.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring until your jam reaches the desired thickness.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!