Homemade jams are always better than the store-bought ones. With a few fresh figs and your Instant Pot or any other Pressure Cooker, you’ll be able to obtain this delicious and naturally sweet fig jam!
You can eat it for breakfast or together with cheese for a gourmet appetizer.
If you are feeling fancy, try it on toast, with cheese and foie gras.
Which figs to use?
For this recipe, feel free to use all varieties of figs (green, purple, red ...). .
How to choose the figs?
Choose only completely ripe figs since they are better for jam (and also cheaper!).
More Instant Pot jam recipes
- 1 lb fresh and ripe figs
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Wash and chop the figs .
- Place figs, lemon juice and honey in the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid. With a hand mixer, mix the figs until the texture is smooth.
- Add chia seeds and mix well.
- Put the jam in a jar and place in the fridge.