With a few fresh figs and your Instant Pot, you’ll be able to obtain this delicious and naturally sweet fig jam!
Homemade jams are always better than the store-bought ones.
You can use it to make fig rolls or eat together with cheese for a gourmet appetizer.
If you are feeling fancy, try it on toast, with cheese and foie gras.
Table of Contents
Do I have to use chia seeds?
No. And then you can a recipe with only 3 ingredients 🙂
But in my opinion chia seeds add a great taste and texture to this jam.
Which figs to use?
For this recipe, feel free to use all varieties of figs (green, purple, red ...). .
How to choose the figs?
Choose only completely ripe figs since they are better for jam (and also cheaper!).
More Instant Pot jam recipes
Instant Pot Fig Jam
- 1 lb fresh and ripe figs
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Wash and chop the figs .
- Place figs, lemon juice and honey in the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid. With a hand mixer, mix the figs until the texture is smooth.
- Add chia seeds and mix well.
- Put the jam in a jar and place in the fridge.