Are you a learner and want some easy and quick recipes to start with basics? So here is the super scrumptious and full of protein recipe of Instant Pot Coconut Shrimp Recipe which only takes 15 minutes to cook and will give you a lasting flavor!
We are using the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid so it's basically an Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp recipe.
Why This Recipe Works
The Instant Pot Coconut Shrimp is a must-try recipe if you're actually a food connoisseur! Its crisp in every bite plus juicy and tender effect inside will make you ask for more!
The Instant Pot Coconut Shrimp Recipe's simple and easy steps play the role of time saver for you 🙂
Learn how to make Instant Pot Coconut Shrimp!
- Shrimp - must be fresh, peeled, and deveined.
- All-Purpose Flour - makes the outer layer of coconut shrimp hard and crispy!
- Salt and Pepper - to balance the taste. Use them as per your taste.
- Coconut - the key ingredient of the recipe. Gives the outer layer a sweet kind of flavor.
- Bread Crumbs - to make coconut shrimps crunchy and delightful!
- Garlic Powder - adds in the yummy garlic flavor in the shrimps.
- Baking Powder - gives a light fluffy texture to your shrimps!
- Egg - for coating purposes. Must be at room temperature.
How to make
Gather all the necessary ingredients as per the recipe card.
Peel and devein shrimps properly and set them aside.
Take a bowl and add half a cup of flour to it and set it aside.
Take another bowl and add another half a cup of flour to it.
Add a teaspoon of baking powder.
Add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Add half a cup of Mineral Water to it.
Whisk it well and set the bowl aside.
Take the third bowl.
Add 1 cup of Bread Crumbs to it.
Add a cup of shredded coconut.
Give it a quick mix.
Now gather all the working bowls.
Take a shrimp and coat it first with All-Purpose Flour.
Now, dunk the shrimp into the bowl of beaten egg and then coat it properly with Bread Crumbs and Coconut mixture.
Repeat the process with the remaining shrimps.
Now set an air fryer basket in an Instant Pot and brush it with Coconut Oil.
Place the Shrimps inside in the batch of 9-10, each away from another, and cover the lid.
Press Air Fry at 390F and set timings to 8 minutes.
Delicious and Juicy shrimps are ready to eat. Give them a natural release.
Dish them out and serve them with your favorite tartare sauce and fries!
How to Serve
You can serve it with anything you want as it is mostly considered a side dish. But if you are having it as a dinner, Turmeric Lemon Rice would be the heart-winning combination with Coconut Shrimp.
For snack purposes, Have them with Fries and Tartare Sauce/Barbecue Sauce to give your Coconut Shrimp sweet-sour flavor!
What else can I add to my recipe?
You can add curry (made of tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic, and coconut milk to give the curry a creamier texture) to your cooked Instant Pot Coconut Shrimps later so you can have it with rice as a proper main course for lunch or dinner 🙂
Can I store it and reheat it?
Storing Purpose- Yes you can! Coconut Shrimp would last for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator. And for months if stored in the freezer.
It all depends on how well you store it!
Reheating Purpose- You can have them whenever you want! Just splash some water on it before reheating and then microwave it for 1-2 minutes but make sure the temperature is good enough to not overcook it.
Instant Pot Shrimp Recipes
Instant Pot Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot Coconut Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mineral water
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Take 1 lb shrimp. Peel and devein it properly and set them aside.
- Take a bowl and add ½ cup of all-purpose flour to it. Set it aside.
- Take another bowl and add ½ cup of all-purpose flour to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder to it.
- Add salt and pepper to it as per taste.
- Add 1 egg and ½ cup mineral water to it. Whisk it well and set the bowl aside.
- Take the third bowl and add 1 cup of bread crumbs and 1 cup of shredded coconut to it. Give it a quick mix.
- Now gather all the working bowls.
- Take a shrimp and coat it first with all-purpose flour.
- Now, dunk it in the prepared egg batter and then coat it properly with bread crumbs and coconut mixture.
- Repeat the process with the remaining shrimps.
- Now set an air fryer basket in an instant pot and brush it with coconut oil.
- Place the shrimps inside in the batch of 9-10, each away from another and cover the lid.
- Press Air Fry at 390F and set timings to 8 minutes.
- Delicious and juicy shrimps are ready to eat. Give them a natural release.
- Dish them out and serve them with your favourite chilli hot sauce!
- Make sure You're using good quality Shrimp otherwise they won't be able to be stored for long period.
- Be careful about the referred timings. Overlooking it can overcook the shrimp not letting its texture be juicy and plump anymore.
- You can also add spices of your own choice like jalapeno pepper, cayenne pepper, etc.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂