This is one of the best Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid and it's super easy!
No need to deep frying the onion rings, since the Air Fryer Lid do all the work.
These homemade Instant Pot Onion Rings are the best party snack and you can have them in only 10 minutes total.
Table of Contents
Can I make it without Air Fryer Lid?
Yes you can. The best option for you is to make the onion rings in the oven to add a little crisp.
Bake them at 425 °F for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
If you really want to make them in your Instant Pot by using the pressure cook function, you can do it by following these steps.
- Prepare the onions rings as mentioned in the recipe card.
- Take your instant pot and place a trivet in it.
- Pour a cup of water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place a parchment sheet on the trivet.
- Transfer the onion rings onto the sheet.
- Cover the pot and set it to high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick release and serve.
Please note you won't get crispy onion rings that way.
Can I double up the recipe?
Of course, for a bigger crowd use more onion and make more batches.
Place them in one layer for the best results, but if you need to make more you can place a few more on top as you can see in the photo below.
You can make around 10 onion rings at a time, for a 8-quart Instant Pot.
How to serve
Add melted butter on the top of crispy onion rings to get everyone's attention in the room.
You can also enjoy these delicate, crispy Onion Rings with dips & sauces. Some ideas:
Looking for more inspiration? Check out What to Serve With Onion Rings for 21 delicious recipes.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Take a bowl, toss the flour, salt, paprika, baking soda, and mix.
Take onion rings and coat with the flour mixture.
Add milk, black pepper, egg, and whisk.
Take onion rings and coat with the egg mixture.
Then coat with bread crumbs.
Cover each onion ring with the mixture and then bread crumbs.
Once all is done, transfer them to the fryer basket in the instant pot.
Cover the pot with an air fryer lid and air fry at 375 °F for 5 minutes.
Dish out and enjoy with dips and sauces.
Instant Pot Onion Rings
- ½ onion rings
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Cooking spray for the air fryer basket
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, paprika and baking soda.
- Add milk, black pepper and egg, and whisk.
- Coat the onion rings with the flour mixture.
- Dip the onion rings in the milk mixture. Then coat the onion rings with the bread crumbs.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the onion rings inside the air fryer basket in one layer.
- Cover the pot with the air fryer lid and AIR FRYER at 375 °F for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂