Everyone loves pasta and this Instant Pot Bang Bang Pasta is mouth-watering with a pleasant taste. It gives you great delight and can be a great way to finish your day!
What is Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta?
There is nothing explosive in this dish, except the flavor. This dish combines pasta with soft shrimps in creamy spicy sauce. It will hit the spot and satisfy even the most demanding gourmets.
You can serve it just like this, or top with more Sriracha sauce for some extra spiciness. You will enjoy this doh not only eating but also preparing, as it is done in no time, from scratch cooking to serving.
Which shrimps to use?
This recipe calls for pre-cooked shrimps. You can use regular shrimps if you do not have these. If you are using raw shrimps, cook pasta for 6 minutes, then add shrimps and cook on Saute for 2 minutes more. The pasta and shrimp will be perfectly cooked!
Which pasta to use?
Spaghetti, linguine, or any kind of thin pasta will work. You can also use some other shaped type of pasta if that is your thing. For a gluten-free version of this dish, use certified GF pasta.
How to serve pasta?
This time I served it with chopped parsley on top. Still, my favorite way to serve is either with chopped chives or spring onions. It really complements the taste of the shrimps. Try it out and you will be amazed.
Does it have to be spicy?
This Instant Pot Bang Bang Pasta recipe is all about the explosion of the flavors – chili sauce, Sriracha, and shrimps. If you are not that much into spicy food, but still want to try out this dish, here is what you can do:
- reduce the amount of the chili sauce
- add 1/4 cup of the heavy cream to the pasta in the last steps of cooking
- serve pasta with a dollop of sour cream to reduce heat
How to make Bang Bang Pasta
Gather your ingredients:
In an Instant pot add water and pasta. You can break your pasta or cook whole; here is how – select Saute. Once the water starts to simmer, gently push down the pasta so it folds.
Lock the kid into the place. Select Manual and set to High pressure. Cook the pasta for 4 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a quick pressure release. If there is any water left, select Saute and simmer it off.
Top the pasta with Sriracha, chili sauce, lime juice, mayonnaise, and shrimps.
Give it a good stir until all are coated evenly.
Serve pasta with chopped parsley on top.
More one-pot pasta meals
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 lb precooked shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Add the water and the spaghetti to the Instant Pot
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir until the water is evaporated.
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, Thai sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce. Mix well.
- Add cooked shrimp and the sauce in the bowl in the Instant pot. Stir until noodles are evenly coated with sauce.
- Dish out, garnish with parsley and serve.