Everyone loves pasta and this Instant Pot Shrimp Bang Bang Pasta is mouth-watering with a pleasant taste.
Perfect one-pot meal in only 10 minutes!
What is Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta?
There is nothing explosive in this dish, except the flavor. This dish combines pasta with soft shrimps in creamy spicy sauce. It will hit the spot and satisfy even the most demanding gourmets.
You can serve it just like this, or top with more Sriracha sauce for some extra spiciness. You will enjoy this doh not only eating but also preparing, as it is done in no time, from scratch cooking to serving.
Which shrimp to use?
This recipe calls for pre-cooked shrimps. You can use regular shrimps if you do not have these. If you are using raw shrimps, cook pasta for 6 minutes, then add shrimps and cook on Saute for 2 minutes more. The pasta and shrimp will be perfectly cooked!
Which pasta to use?
Spaghetti, linguine, or any kind of thin pasta will work. You can also use some other shaped type of pasta if that is your thing. For a gluten-free version of this dish, use certified GF pasta.
How to serve
This time I served it with chopped parsley on top. Still, my favorite way to serve this Instant Pot seafood recipe is either with chopped chives or spring onions. It really complements the taste of the shrimps. Try it out and you will be amazed.
Does it have to be spicy?
This Instant Pot Bang Bang Pasta recipe is all about the explosion of the flavors - chili sauce, Sriracha, and shrimps. If you are not that much into spicy food, but still want to try out this dish, here is what you can do:
- Reduce the amount of the chili sauce
- Add ¼ cup of the heavy cream to the pasta in the last steps of cooking
- Serve pasta with a dollop of sour cream to reduce heat
How to make
Gather your ingredients:
In an Instant pot add water and pasta. You can break your pasta or cook whole; here is how - select Saute. Once the water starts to simmer, gently push down the pasta so it folds.
Lock the kid into the place. Select Manual and set to High pressure. Cook the pasta for 4 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a quick pressure release. If there is any water left, select Saute and simmer it off.
Top the pasta with Sriracha, chili sauce, lime juice, mayonnaise, and shrimps.
Give it a good stir until all are coated evenly.
Serve pasta with chopped parsley on top.
More one-pot pasta meals
Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- ½ lb spaghetti noodles
- ½ lb shrimp precooked
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon Sweet chili sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon sriracha sauce
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Add the water and the spaghetti to the Instant Pot
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir until the water is evaporated.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, Thai sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce.
- Add cooked shrimp and the mixed sauce to the Instant pot. Stir until noodles are evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve with parsley and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂