In winter there is nothing better than a warm soup!
It’s the perfect example of comfort food and it’s also healthy when prepared with seasonal veggies!
This Instant Pot spinach soup has a bright color that can light up the greyest of days and its delicious flavor will cheer you up instantly.
Can I make it vegan?
For a vegan spinach soup, take out the cream cheese and use 2 tbsp of oil instead of the butter.
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the spinach. Put aside.
- Place butter, garlic and onion in your Instant Pot and press “Sauté”.
- Saute for about 2 minutes, until the onion becomes golden.
- Add the spinach, the potatoes and the chicken broth to the Instant Pot
- Close the lid, set the little handle to "sealing" and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once done. Do a quick pressure release (move the little handle to "venting").
- Mix with an immersion blender to obtain a smooth texture.
- Adjust with salt and pepper and add cream cheese.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for another 1 minute, until cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot.