In winter, there is nothing better than a warm spinach soup!
It’s the perfect example of comfort food and a healthy Instant Pot recipe when prepared with seasonal veggies!
This Instant Pot spinach soup has a bright color that can light up the greyest of days and its delicious flavor will cheer you up instantly.
Enjoy this cream of spinach soup in only 20 minutes total using your Instant Pot.
Table of Contents
Can I use Malabar Spinach?
Yes you can make this recipe with malabar spinach or even combine both.
Can I use frozen spinach?
Yes! Just make sure you defrost it before cooking.
Can I make it vegan?
For a vegan spinach soup, take out the cream cheese and use 2 tablespoon of oil instead of the butter.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Spinach Recipes
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Instant Pot Spinach Soup
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 oz spinach rinsed and dried
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter into the Instant Pot and press "saute".
- Add garlic and onion and saute for 3 minutes until golden.
- Add spinach, potatoes and chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Once done. Do a quick pressure release (move the little handle to "venting").
- Blend using an immersion blender.
- Add cream cheese and saute for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
6 thoughts on “Instant Pot Spinach Soup”
What type & size of potatoes did you use for this recipe?
I like to use Yukon gold potatoes, but any type of medium potato will work. Like russets, white potatoes, etc.
What constitutes a serving? One cup?
It makes a little over 1 quart so... I would say closer to 1 and a half cups per serving.
1 qt = 4 cups = 2 pints = 32 ounces
Yes, that's correct!