A crustless quiche combining tasty sausage with fresh spinach, for a healthy snack or an original appetizer.
It is also perfect for parties and picnics and you can easily pack it into your lunchbox and taste it at lunch the day after. It turns out really fluffy and moist and you can also add some of your favorite spices.
If you want to make this quiche vegetarian you can always omit the sausage and add legumes like chickpeas.
We often hear that it is necessary to limit consumption of eggs because they are high in “bad” cholesterol and promote the incidence of cardiovascular disease. It’s wrong ! Contrary to what one might think, eggs do not increase cholesterol. If you are healthy, eating one egg a day is healthy and has only positive effect.
How long can I keep this quiche on the fridge?
Up to 3 days. Of course it’s better to finish as much as possible on the same day since it’s fresh and have a better taste.
Just so you know, if you are making hard boiled eggs, you can keep them on fridge for up to 5 days.
How to check if an egg is still fresh
Place your egg in a large container filled with cold water. If the egg falls directly to the bottom of the container, it is perfectly fresh. On the other hand, if it rises to the surface, it should especially not be consumed. Finally, if your egg stagnates in the middle of the container, it is ok but definitely time to use it, but it is still consumable.
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 cup cooked sausage chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tomatoes peeled and chopped juice remove
- 1 onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Place chopped onions, tomatoes, sausage and spinach into a quiche mold or an oven dish that fit your Instant Pot, then pour the batter as well.
- Cover the mold with foil.
- Pour water into your Instant Pot and correctly place the trivet.
- Place the mold onto the trivet and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once done, let the steam release naturally, then serve your quiche hot.
- Serve hot with a fresh salad.
- Optional: To have a golden brown quiche, add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top and place under broil in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.