When asked about desserts Cheesecake is something loved by almost everyone and if served with salted caramel sauce OMG it's a heavenly combo I tell you.
If you are a cheesecake lover then this rich, buttery instant pot salted caramel cheesecake recipe is gonna add much to your taste buds.
Why This Recipe Works
You might have eaten different cheesecakes like blueberry cheesecake or strawberry cheesecake but this one topped with creamy caramel and fine sea salt crystals are something that you'll find nowhere and once you'll try and eat it I assure you that you won't go for ANY other salted caramel cheesecake. As it has a secret ingredient in it.
Are you among those people who have frequent dessert cravings but are lazy to do the hassle? We bring you the best and easiest way to fulfill/satisfy your sweet cravings without making much effort and most importantly in no time. Less than 35 mins.
Creamcheese- a white soft and creamy type of cheese used in many desserts have a unique mild flavor. Cream cheese is made from milk and cream. Another interesting fact about it is that being high in fat goes well with keto. Yes! you read it right, now you can also lose some weight with your favorite cream cheese.
Brown Sugar - to add some sweetness to your desserts brown sugar is the best and healthiest option you can go for.
Eggs -Eggs are used in baking to form the structure of the cake as they have good protein content and the protein coagulates during the baking process. The ratio of flour and eggs is of great importance for the rising and texture of the cake.
Sour Cream- is a fermented dairy product used to add richness and smooth texture to the dishes. Sour cream is used in different savory sauces and in desserts as well. You can also have it with your crackers and snacks to add some extra flavor
Vanilla - vanilla extract is the most commonly used ingredient in different desserts like puddings, cakes, cookies, etc. Another interesting fact about vanilla is that it is the most liked Ice cream flavor worldwide.
How to make
Gather all ingredients
Take a bowl and add cream cheese to it
Now add brown sugar and beat with the help of a beater
Add sour cream to the mixture and beat again
Add 1 tablespoon of flour
Add some salt
Now add vanilla extract
Now add eggs but make sure to add one by one and mix again with the help of an egg beater
Add ritz into the grinder
Now add sugar in the ritz and grind it well
Take a pan grease it well and place the parchment paper. Put ritz in the pan and pour melted butter
Set the base with the help of your hand and pour the cream cheese butter
Cover the pan with the lid. Add some water into the instant pot, place a trivet stand and cook the cake on it for 30 minutes at high pressure. Take out the cake and pour some caramel sauce on it
How to Serve
Pour over some caramel sauce, you can either cover the whole surface of the cake or drizzle a few amounts of caramel sauce making a stripe design. Make sure to chill the cake properly before serving.
You can always do variations with the base cheesecake recipe and pair it with your favorite flavor sauce, like raspberry, strawberry, etc.
Why is rubbery?
Many people say that their cheesecake ends up being rubbery. There may be one possible reason for this, using low-fat or fat-free cream cheese in your recipe can make it a bit firm and rubbery.
How do I know that my cake is ready? (Jiggle test)
Cooking in the instant pot you can check if your cheesecake is done or not with the help of an instant-read thermometer. A thermometer reading of 150’f indicates that the cake is ready. You can also do a jiggle test and see if it needs more time. If it feels undercooked just give it 5 more minutes in the instant pot.
More Cheesecake Recipes
Instant Pot Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Ritz crackers crushed finely
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and brown sugar using a beater.
- Add sour cream and continue beating.
- Add 1 tablespoon flour, ½ teaspoon salt and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs beat again until you can get smooth yellow mixture. Keep aside.
- Making the crust: Mix the crackers with 2 tablespoon sugar using a grinder.
- Place the crust you just made on the bottom of a steel pen or springform that fits your Instant Pot.
- Pour the melted butter on the crust and push it down a bit with your finger.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust.
- Cover the pen with a lid or foil.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot and place a trivet on the bottom.
- Place the pen or springform on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Take out the cake and let it cool before serving.
- Remove the lid and with the help of a sling, place the pan onto a wire rack to cool for about 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving - top the cheesecake with the caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂