Breakfast casserole is the best thing you can make for...well the breakfast.
The breakfast casserole usually features eggs, bacon or sausage, and some kind of vegetables.
Loaded with eggs and vegetables, this Instant Pot breakfast casserole is full of healthy nutrients, making it the perfect way to start your day.
So to summarize, why should you make this recipe?
- It's healthy
- It's loaded with nutrients
- It's easy to make
- You can't eat hard boiled eggs every day without losing your mind.
Fun fact about Bell peppers
Bell peppers also offer a lot of great nutrition and are considered one of the best vegetables to eat. Did you know that one serving of green bell pepper provides nearly 200% of your suggested daily intake of Vitamin C? And a red bell pepper has almost twice that amount!
Which peppers to use?
You can use any kind of bell peppers, or even a mix of red, green, and yellow for more colors in your casserole.
Can I add meat?
This Instant Pot breakfast casserole recipe uses only bacon, but you can add in some ground sausage or ground meat. If you add meat, just cook iton saute in the Instant pot until browned. At this point, you can season the meat with desired spices.
What to use instead of bacon?
If you are looking for a bacon-free option, then choose beef jerky (chopped) or smoked turkey ham.
Can I use Tuna?
Sure. You can also try this Instant Pot Tuna Casserole.
Can I make it vegetarian?
For a vegetarian option, you can completely discard the meat. It still tastes great 🙂
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole
Gather your ingredients:
Grease a springform pan that fits your Instant Pot with butter, ghee or cooking spray.
Place the hash browns on the bottom.
In a bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
Fold in bell peppers.
Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns.
Top the eggs with bacon and cheese.
Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the Instant Pot. Insert a trivet and place the casserole onto the trivet. Lock lid into place.
Select High Pressure and set the timer to 25 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a Natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
Serve casserole warm.
Instant Pot Egg recipes
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers any color you like
- 1 ½ cups hash browns
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Take a springform and make sure it fits your Instant Pot.
- Grease the springform with butter.
- Place the hash browns in the springform.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped peppers to the bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture to the springform (over the hash browns) and top with bacon and cheese.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the Instant Pot and insert a trivet.
- Place the springform on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve.