In addition to being economical and versatile, legumes have an excellent nutritional value.
Those pressure cooker Black Eyed Peas are a great option of healthy and nutritious side dish, which is rich in carbohydrates and proteins.
Making those (and any other lentils) using the Instant Pot is super easy and saves time.
You can half the amount you make(1/2 pound of black eyed peas and 3 1/4 cups of broth), and cooking the same time (25 minutes+ natural release)
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- 6.5 cups broth of your choice
- Add all ingredients into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- When the float valve drops, mix a bit, take it out and enjoy!