Chicken drumsticks are seasoned with Asian spices and sautéed cilantro to increase its
Instant Pot Asian Style Chicken Drumsticks Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- 5 grass-fed skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/5 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 thick fresh lemongrass stalk outer skins and rough bottom removed
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, add coconut milk, lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, five spice powder and pulse until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Season chicken drumsticks with salt and black pepper evenly.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in chicken drumsticks and sauce.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and carefully do a Quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks