Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is the best! You're going to crave the rich and creamy texture and want to have more and more. The good news is that cooking the cheesecake in the Instant Pot is a breeze!
Stop spending hours of time making cheesecake and try this method instead. It's the perfect way to end the day with a giant piece of cheesecake!
The added peanut butter flavor will have everyone scraping their plate for just one more taste. There's just something so addictive about peanut butter that I can't say no to.
Let's not forget all the toppings that come with cheesecake! The drizzle, the crushed nuts - so good and simple to add more flavor and taste!
Why This Recipe Works
You might have eaten different cheesecakes like blueberry cheesecake or strawberry cheesecake before, but it's safe to say that this peanut butter cheesecake is one of the best.
Did I mention that there is a secret ingredient in this recipe? Make sure that you scroll down to find out!
- You just need 45 minutes to make this cheesecake!
- It's the perfect way to cook a perfect cheesecake time and time again.
- Every bite is loaded with peanut butter flavor - which means added protein!
Cream cheese- Adding cream cheese is what makes this cheesecake recipe light and creamy.
Oreo Thins- Using these as the crust makes a crunchy delight that is a surprise for all! (and a delicious one!)
Brown Sugar - Adding brown sugar is the perfect way to add sweetness.
Eggs -Eggs are used to form the cake's structure and they help to thicken the cheesecake as well. The ratio of flour and eggs is important for the rising and texture of the cake.
Sour Cream- Sour cream helps add creaminess and aid in the cheesecake not drying out during the cooking process.
Vanilla extract - Don't leave this out! It's the most commonly used ingredient in desserts like puddings, cakes, cookies, etc.
How To Make Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Gather all the necessary ingredients as you don't want to omit anything. They're all key to making the perfect cheesecake!
Step One: Take ten pieces of Oreo thins, grind them in a grinder, and add them to a large mixing bowl.
Step Two: Next, pour a cup of butter into the bowl.
Step Three: Blend them well until they form a paste.
Step Four: Grab a separate bowl and add the cream cheese.
Step Five: Add five eggs to the bowl and whisk until light, fluffy, and lump-free.
Step Six: Sprinkle 1 ½ cup of Brown Sugar.
Step Seven: Add the heaving whipping cream, Vanilla extract, and peanut butter into the same bowl.
Step Eight: Blend the mixture well with the help of the hand mixer. The cheesecake batter is ready. Set it aside.
Step Nine: Grab a springform pan and add the cookie crust. (grease the pan and add parchment paper first so that it doesn't stick) Once you've added the crust, add the combined mixtures from the two bowls. Sprinkle ½ cup of Brown Sugar and walnuts on top.
Step Ten: Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan. Sprinkle ½ cup of Brown Sugar and walnuts directly on top. If you have excess cheesecake mixture, pour it on. Put the lid on the springform pan.
Step Eleven: Place a trivet ito the Instant Pot and pour ½ cup of water inside.
Step Twelve: Place the springform pan on the trivet. Cover with the AIr Fryer lid and bake at 325 F for 40 minutes.
Step Thirteen: Take the baked cake out of the pan carefully and add extra toppings if you'd like!
Change up the nut butter - I like to use creamy peanut butter, but you could also use crunchy peanut butter or even almond butter as well.
Load up the toppings - Drizzling caramel sauce or even adding some melted chocolate chips on top is never a bad idea.
Make an easier cheesecake version - Look for cheesecakes that you don't need an air fryer lid for or ones that are just a few steps? Check out this Instant Pot Japanese Cheesecake or this Instant Pot Lemon Cheesecake!
- Don't overmix the cheesecake batter. Just stir until combined.
- Be sure to let the cheesecake cool down some before cutting, as it may cause the center to sink.
How to Serve Instant Pot Butter Cheesecake
Instant Pot Butter Cheesecake can be eaten just like it is or served with whipped cream!
Or you can top it with some crushed nuts or drizzles of lemon curd to balance the sweetness as well.
Some people also like to enjoy cheesecake without any type of toppings. The best way to serve cheesecake is to let everyone enjoy their slice however they'd like!
You can add some extra cinnamon powder and nutmeg with brown sugar. So good!
Also, adding fresh fruit to your cheesecake is delicious. Fresh blueberries and strawberries are divine!
If the cheesecake is runny, you need to cook it for a little bit longer. It may need another 3-5 minutes to get done.
To make sure the cheesecake is done, you can try the jiggle test. Gently tap the cheesecake on the counter. If there is a VERY SLIGHT jiggle, the cheesecake is done and ready to enjoy.
If your cheesecake is overcooked, the top is going to look very dry and probably even have cracks in it. It's still edible but just won't be as creamy and delicious.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
Don't forget that I have loads and loads of other cheesecake recipes! Here are just a few others that I love!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment below. Thanks!
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 10 oz Oreo Thins
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 5 Eggs raw
- ½ cups Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup water
- Crush up the oreo thins and add them to a bowl. Add the butter in with the oreo thins and mix well. Set the bowl aside. (this is for the cheesecake crust)
- Add the room temperature cream cheese and the eggs to a bowl and mix well.
- Once combined, stir in the brown sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream.
- Mix in the peanut butter and cream together well.
- Spray a springform pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper. Add the crushed oreo cust into the springform pan and press it down.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan. Sprinkle ½ cup of Brown Sugar and walnuts directly on top. If you have excess cheesecake mixture, pour it on. Put the lid on the springform pan.
- Place a trivet ito the Instant Pot and pour ½ cup of water inside.
- Place the springform pan on the trivet.
- Cover with the AIr Fryer lid and bake at 325 F for 40 minutes.
- When time is up, take out the cheese cake.
- Add toppings and serve 🙂
- Instead of springform, you can use a disposable aluminum foil pan.
- Grind the Oreo thins thoroughly so that they're a fine consistency and crumble texture.
- You can leave the walnuts out or change them for pecans.
- If the top of your cheesecake has cracks, it may mean that you cooked it too long.
- I like to use creamy peanut butter, but you could also use crunchy peanut butter or even almond butter as well.
- Drizzling caramel sauce or even adding some melted chocolate chips on top is never a bad idea.