A peasant and “poor” recipe showing how old-fashioned comfort food can be addictive too.
Tender meat and fresh spring vegetables will perfectly combine with the hearty flavor of shiitake mushrooms and the spicy note of ginger and chili pepper.
What meat to use?
For this recipe I'm using beef, but feel free to make it with pork or veal. Same instructions and same cooking time.
How to serve
These beef shanks are full with taste so all you need is a simple side dish. Some ideas:
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Beef Shanks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1½ lb beef shanks cubed
- 2 shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 cm ginger root peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for serving
- red onion sliced, for serving
- Press "saute" and add oil.
- Add beef and saute for 4 minutes until brown.
- Add mushrooms, ginger and garlic and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, spring onions, soy sauce, chili peppers, honey, beef broth and salt and pepper and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Add parsley and red onion on top and serve 🙂