Delicious and healthy one-pot meal you can make in less than 15 minutes using the Instant Pot.
Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
This dish is not only easy to make but also packed with flavor and nutrients.
The salmon is cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot and the rice is infused with the flavors of the salmon and aromatic herbs. It's a complete meal that is satisfying, healthy, and perfect for busy weeknights.
Table of Contents
Can I use frozen salmon?
Yes. In fact, it works the best with frozen salmon. Why do complicated stuff when it can be so easy 🙂
How to serve
Since it's a one-pot meal, you can serve it as is, in bowls or on plates, with the salmon on top of the rice.
You can also garnish with fresh herbs or lemon wedges for added flavor and presentation.
What rice can I use?
Instead of the Jasmine rice, you can use Basmati Rice or Persian rice.
Brown rice won't work for this one-pot meal.
More Instant Pot Salmon recipes
If you like Salmon, you should try these recipes as well:
Instant Pot Salmon Soup (video guide)
Instant Pot Salmon and Rice
- ½ cup water
- 4 oz salmon fillets frozen
- ¼ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup jasmine rice rinsed
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parlsey
- Add water and Jasmine rice to the Instant Pot.
- Place a layer of salmon fillets on the Jasmine rice.
- In a bowl, mix sesame oil and brown sugar.
- Pour the mix you just made on top of each salmon fillet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- While you are waiting for pressure release, make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Open the lid, and place the rice and salmon on a plate.
- Dress with the sauce and serve :]
32 thoughts on “Instant Pot Salmon and Rice”
Hi…most salmon pieces come with skin on… are you placing these on top rice with skin on?
I usually buy skinless salmon for this recipe. If your salmon has skin, you can remove it after cooking, if you prefer.
Amazing as always, you are the best!!!
So happy you loved it, Anna!! Thank you!
I’d like to make 4 servings. Should I multiply the ingredients x4?
Do I reduce cook time if using fresh salmon?
You can reduce the cook time to 2-3 minutes for fresh salmon, depending on how you like it cooked.