Pot Roast in the Instant Pot are so juicy and the beef is so tender.
This is the perfect and easy dinner to please a big crowd. If you have leftover, get the meat to make sandwiches.
Instant Pot Pot Roast Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 lb beef chuckroast
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & halved
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large sweet yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sprinkle both sides of the pot roast with salt, black pepper, and paprika and set aside.
- Add oil and butter to the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Add the roast and sear from one side. Turn the roast over and sear it on the opposite side. Transfer the roast to a plate.
- Add the diced onion, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sear for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and stir with a wooden spatula.
- Place the roast over the mixture, add the rosemary, thyme sprigs and wine on the roast.and set the Instant Pot to “Manual” on “High Pressure” and set for 60 minutes.
- Release pressure quickly.
- Remove the lid and remove the roast and transfer to a plate.
- Blend the remaining mixture with the blender to make soup puree and “Sauté” the gravy for 3-5 minutes or until it thickens a little.
- Select “Cancel” and transfer the gravy into a separate bowl.
- Pour gravy onto roast and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.