This is a very easy recipe for a delicious pot roast that makes its own gravy. It is designed particularly for the individuals who do not have time to cook all day, as this pot roast is prepared in a short time in Instant Pot.
If you like beef, consider making this London Broil recipe, which is an another great option.
- 3/4 lb potatoes large bite-sized pieces
- 2 small carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp thyme minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- Mix together flour with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, and a ¼ teaspoon black pepperin a small bowl.
- Marinate the beef chunks into the seasoned flour and keep aside.
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and add oil and seasoned beef.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes on each side and dish out.
- Put a little more oil and add onions, celery, and garlic.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and add red wine, ½ cup of water, thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sauté for about 1 minute and add beef, potatoes, ½ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Meat/Stew” for about 40 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Add carrots and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally and transfer 1 cup of the cooking liquid in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes and drizzle over the pot roast in a bowl.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks