This steak is excellently paired with garlic, herbs and butter to keep it moist and tender.
This pressure cooker herbed garlic butter beef steak is a perfect main dish for a family dinner
Instant Pot New York Strip Steak is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that brings the flavor and tenderness of a steakhouse to your own kitchen.
New York Strip Steak, also known as top loin steak or Kansas City strip, is a popular cut of beef that is tender, juicy, and flavorful.
This is another version of the Instant Pot steak recipe, so you can diversify your family table using these two options.
- Choose a good quality steak: The quality of your steak can make a big difference in the final result. Look for a steak with good marbling and a bright red color.
- Let the steak come to room temperature: Take the steak out of the refrigerator about an hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature. This will help it cook more evenly.
- Season well: Don't be shy with your seasonings. Generously season your steak with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Or check out all the beef recipes in the blog.
How to serve
This NY strip steak works great with
If you need more ideas, check out What to Serve With Steak Bites for 20 delicious recipes.
Instant Pot New York Strip Steak
- 2 pound beef top sirloin steaks
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- to taste black pepper
- to taste salt
- ½ cup beef broth
- Put the butter and garlic cloves in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 45 seconds and add beef top sirloin steaks and herb sprigs.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add salt, black pepper, garlic powder and broth.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 13 minutes. Cooking time may change depending on the steak size.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release (or for at least 20 minutes).
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy 🙂