This dish looks amazing but in fact it can be made easily using the Instant Pot.
Impress your guests and diversify your breakfast with this egg recipe.
All you need is eggs, ground sausage, oil and spices - that's all!
Scotch eggs are essentially hard boiled eggs wrapped in a fried sausage and they can be served both at breakfast or as an appetizer or even as a picnic dish!
The typically UK pairing for this kind of eggs are pickles (check out can you make pickles in Instant Pot?) .
You can also serve them with toasted bread, fresh veggies or your favorite dip or sauce.
Need more serving ideas? Check out What To Serve With Scotch Eggs for 15 delicious options.
For this recipe I'm using the metal trivet (that comes with the Instant Pot) in order to make the eggs.
Instant Pot Egg Recipes
Pressure Cooker Scotch Eggs
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water into your Instant Pot and place the egg trivet or steaming basket.
- Place your eggs into the egg trivet and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and take out the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a bowl with cold water for a couple of minutes, then gently remove their shell.
- Divide your sausage into 4 parts. Add salt and pepper.
- Flatten each part to obtain 4 round discs.
- Place each egg in the middle of each sausage disc.
- Fold the meat around the egg to form a ball.
- Take out the basket from the Instant Pot, remove water and press "Saute".
- Add oil and the scotch eggs.
- Cook on "Saute" for about 4 minutes, until they are browned on each side.