Scotch eggs are very nice to see and you’ll easily impress your guests with a few minutes’ recipe! Scotch eggs are essentially boiled eggs wrapped in a fried sausage and they can be served both at breakfast or as an appetizer or even as a picnic dish!
For this recipe I’m using the metal trivet (that comes with the Instant Pot) in order to make the eggs.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water into your Instant Pot and place the egg trivet or steaming basket.
- Place your eggs into the egg trivet and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and take out the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a bowl with cold water for a couple of minutes, then gently remove their shell.
- Divide your sausage into 4 parts. Add salt and pepper.
- Flatten each part to obtain 4 round discs.
- Place each egg in the middle of each sausage disc.
- Fold the meat around the egg to form a ball.
- Take out the basket from the Instant Pot, remove water and press "Saute".
- Add oil and the scotch eggs.
- Cook on "Saute" for about 4 minutes, until they are browned on each side.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks