Looking for a quick Instant Pot one-pot meal? This recipe is just for you.
Enjoy these Mexican inspired dinner bowls that are filling and tasty as well. These bowls are packed with the mildly spicy chicken, rice, black beans, salsa, cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro.
Can I use fish?
If you want to use fish instead, you can try this Instant Pot Salmon and Rice.
Instant Pot One-Pot Meals
Instant Pot Chicken Rice and Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetables for serving
- nachos for serving
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute for 3 minutes until brown.
- Add garlic and chili powder and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add beans, rice and chicken stock and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release, open the lid.
- Serve with fresh salad and nachos 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂