This instant pot kabocha squash is full meal, yet very healthy.
It has the yummiest taste and all the nutrients which are good for us. The best Japanese soup ever!
- 1 lb Kabocha Squash
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 inch ginger chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut kabocha squash into wedges and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then let cool until you can peel skin off.
- When the squash is baking, turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add in shallot, garlic, ginger and sauté till shallot is tender.
- Add in peeled squash in the pot and cover with water.
- Bring it to boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and press cancel.
- Take an immersion blender and blend the contents in the pot.
- Season it with salt, pepper and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.