This instant pot kabocha squash is full meal, yet very healthy.
It has the yummiest taste and all the nutrients which are good for us. The best Japanese soup ever!
Instant Pot Kabocha Squash Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb Kabocha Squash
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 inch ginger chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut kabocha squash into wedges and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then let cool until you can peel skin off.
- When the squash is baking, turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add in shallot, garlic, ginger and sauté till shallot is tender.
- Add in peeled squash in the pot and cover with water.
- Bring it to boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and press cancel.
- Take an immersion blender and blend the contents in the pot.
- Season it with salt, pepper and serve.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks