This instant pot kabocha squash is full meal, yet very healthy.
It has the yummiest taste and all the nutrients which are good for us. The best Japanese soup ever!
If you like this recipe, try the Instant Pot Hot and Sour Soup.
Instant Pot Pumpkin recipes
Instant Pot Kabocha Squash
- 1 lb Kabocha Squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 inch ginger chopped
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut kabocha squash into wedges and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then let cool until you can peel skin off.
- When the squash is baking, turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add in shallot, garlic, ginger and sauté till shallot is tender.
- Add in peeled squash in the pot and cover with water.
- Bring it to boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and press cancel.
- Take an immersion blender and blend the contents in the pot.
- Season it with salt, pepper and serve.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂