Soup is always a go-to recipe for cozy winter nights but Instant Pot Asparagus Soup has its own specialty.
You can have this light soup in less than 20 minutes using your Instant Pot.
Perfect for winter or anytime you want something healthy.
What is asparagus soup?
A green vegetable soup full of healthy nutrients is prepared in just a span of minutes with the Instant Pot.
What are the health benefits of it?
If you are wondering how does this soup proves to be beneficial for your health then keep reading.
- Asparagus is a great source of fiber, vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- The vegetable contains potassium and chromium that serves best to keep blood sugar levels maintained.
- Easy and tasty source of antioxidants that keeps your skin healthy and eliminate free radicals from the body.
How to make it vegan?
For a vegan asparagus soup, just swap the chicken broth with vegetable broth and butter with olive oil.
How to serve
Serve this Asparagus Soup with some buttered crispy bread for a pleasant lunch or a light supper.
How to store leftovers?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
How to freeze leftovers?
It is super easy! Just make sure soup is cooled down before you transfer it in an airtight container and freeze.
If you don't want your creamy soups from turning sour you should mix well while warming your frozen soup.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Add butter, garlic, and chopped asparagus to the instant pot and saute for a minute.
Now add black pepper, salt, broth, and mix.
Cover the pot and pressure cook for 8 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Now blend the cooked mixture in a blender.
Transfer the blended mixture to the pot back.
Add cream and saute for 5 minutes.
Mix and let it simmer for a minute.
Stir and dish out.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Need more ideas? Check out Instant Pot Soup Recipes.
Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 lb asparagus chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cream
- Press "saute" and add butter.
- Once melted, add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped asparagus, salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover the pot and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Blend the soup using a blender or an immersion blender.
- Pour the blended soup back into the Instant Pot.
- Add cream and saute for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂