The best one-pot meal you can make in the Instant Pot! Perfect dinner in less than 20 minutes total.
I really think that the Instant Pot was made for these kind of dishes. So easy and full of flavors in no time...
A quick, comforting and consistent dish of sausages and potatoes that will warm you up on cold evenings.
Can I use it for a sandwich?
This Instant Pot sausage and potatoes recipe is better to serve on a plate.
If you wanna make sandwiches, the Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers recipe would be perfect for you!
If it's too complicated, try the classic Instant Pot hot dogs.
Everyone should know some recipes that they can make in no time. Let me tell you about Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes which you can make with simple ingredients in just 15-minutes.
Sauté sausage and onion, add the rest of the ingredients and let the Instant Pot do all the hard work for you 🙂
Why This Recipe Works
You will find a hundred different methods to make Sausage and Potatoes recipes but this Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes is unparalleled. It's a delicious, fast, and flavorful recipe and can prepare with simple and affordable ingredients.
It's not a laborious one instant pot that will do all the work for you. Just lie in the bed and enjoy your time. And if you did, you must read my Italian sausage and paste recipe too.
Olive Oil- It enhances the flavor of the recipe and allows food to cook quickly no matter what method you use.
Onion- used in the base of most of the recipes. Onions add to the overall taste and texture of the dish.
Sausage- It is one of the main ingredients in the recipe. It has a unique texture and spicy taste that makes your recipe delicious.
Red Bell Pepper- It is a popular addition to many dishes. It adds a slight citrus flavor to the recipe.
Potatoes- It is one of the main ingredients of the recipe. It has a neutral taste that can pair with any other dish.
Garlic Cloves- Garlic is used in almost all types of recipes which adds to the overall taste and texture of the recipe.
Spices- Basil, Black Pepper and coriander add to the taste of the recipe.
Beef Broth- It is used in many recipes like soup, braises and sauces. Beef Broth gives a particular beef taste to the recipe.
How to make
Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then 1 cup of onion into an instant pot
Put diced sausage into the instant pot
Add bell pepper, garlic and diced potatoes.
Add 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon coriander.
Pour ¾ cup beef broth into it
Clos the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
When cooking time is complete, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release.
Garnish it with green onion and enjoy
How to Serve
Serve this sausage and potatoes with fresh salad and enjoy a delicious breakfast 🙂
You can also serve it with Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Grilled Vegetables, and Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms.
FAQ About Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes
What Kind of Sausage Should I Use?
You can use any type of sausage but Italian sausage is the best option to pair with potatoes.
Why eat Sausage and potatoes?
They are rich in protein and fats which fulfills your calories need.
What are the side dishes that I could serve with Sausage and Potatoes?
You can serve it with Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Grilled Vegetables, and Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms is well.
If you like sausages, try this Instant Pot tortellini soup.
If you like potatoes, try this Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana.
If you like comfort food, try this Instant Pot Goulash.
If you like one pot meals, try this Instant Pot shrimp boil.
You can also visit our Instant Pot One Pot meals page.
Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 stalk garlic cloves chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 green onions chopped and divided
- 3 sausages
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup potatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil pierced
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- ¾ cup beef broth
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil in the Instant Pot.
- Add the chopped Garlic cloves, Red bell pepper, Green Onions, and 1cup of water into the instant pot.
- Press “sauce” and transfer the diced sausage mixture into a pot.
- Add diced potatoes, followed by the sausage, black pepper, coriander and salt and stir.
- Add hot sauce and ¾ cup of beef broth and stir to combine.
- With a piece of foil, cover the bowl to keep warm.
- Secure the lid and place the pressure valve in the “Seal” position.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and transfer the recipe onto a platter.
- Pace the sausage mixture over each potato and top with the cheese and remaining sausage.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- Try to stir the mixture steadily with the help of wooden spoon so that it might not attached to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Make sure to use boiled potatoes, since it will save our time in cooking process to a large extant.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂