You can make these Poached Pears in only 15 minutes in your Instant Pot and enjoy the perfect treat!
This mouth-watering red wine poached pears is a great dessert recipe you can try on weekends. It takes less time and is also healthy.
Just throw all the ingredients to the Instant Pot and let the magic begin!
Serve it for breakfast with pancakes and chocolate syrup.
Which wine to use?
For this poached pears recipe, you can use Cabernet Sauvignon or a Merlot.
You can also make the wine yourself using this Instant Pot Homemade Wine recipe.
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
Looking for more? Check out Instant Pot Dessert Recipes.
Instant Pot Poached Pears
A decadent and elegant dessert of red wine poached pears…Print Pin Rate
- 6 firm pears
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- Peel the pears and don’t cut the stem.
- Add wine, cinnamon, ginger, sugar and pears to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release (or for at least 20 minutes).
- Open the lid and take out the pears.
- Let sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the pears with the red wine sauce and serve 🙂
Calories: 260kcal Carbohydrates: 67g Protein: 1g Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 1mg Potassium: 5mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 67g Vitamin A: 2IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 7mg Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @corriecooksblog or tag #corriecooks!