This Instant Pot pulpo gallego is a mouth-watering recipe that full with color and taste.
Make it for any special event and enjoy a delicious dinner for the whole family.
We are using only salt and paprika so you can enjoy it's natural taste. Feel free to add more spices but in our opinion it's not necessary.
How do I make it crispy?
After cooking, you can broil the octopus using the Air Fryer Lid (or the oven) for extra crisp.
How to serve?
You can serve it over potato slices (or scalloped Potatoes) as a Galician octopus tapa, as you can see in the image above.
You can also add it to a main dish and serve over:
Looking for more? Check out these Instant Pot seafood recipes.
Instant Pot Octopus
- 1 whole octopus rinsed
- 1 cup water
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika for serving
- olive oil for serving
- Place octopus in the Instant Pot and add water and kosher salt.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 16 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and cut the octopus into pieces.
- Add paprika on top, drizzle olive oil and serve 🙂
- Remove the water from the Instant Pot, and place the octopus inside the Air Fryer Basket.
- Cover with the air fryer lid and BROIL at 400 °F for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂