This pork sirloin tip roast is a delightful dish. It gives a great pleasure to your family. The crusty seasoning of salt and pepper makes it tastier.
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic
- Take a bowl and add salt, pepper, garlic powder and stir well.
- Rub pork shoulder with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt mixture on all sides.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- When “Hot” appears add remaining oil in it.
- Add in seasoned pork in the pot and sauté for 4 minutes per side.
- Press cancel and remove roast from instant pot.
- Place pork shoulder roast on a plate and set it aside.
- Add water in instant pot and scrape bits from a spatula.
- Place the roast on the trivet and rivet in the instant pot.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and set valve to sealing.
- Select Meat/Stew and set cook time to 30 minutes.
- Release the pressure quickly after 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, take roast out and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.