Not all pasta is health-friendly and might cause obesity if eaten in access. The case is different from my Instant Pot Pesto Pasta recipe which uses Penne Pasta, dried Tomatoes, spices, Vegetable Broth, Pesto, and Vegan Parmesan Cheese for quick preparation.
Why This Recipe Works
Instant Pot Pesto Pasta is one of the simplest pasta to make. This delicious vegan recipe does not take hours and hours in the kitchen to prepare. Instant pot will do everything for you in a few minutes. Furthermore, the ingredients are cheap and affordable.
Penne Pasta - a cylindrical shape pasta that is rich in carbohydrates
Sun-Dried Tomatoes - low in sodium and fat that lowers your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure
Spices - add taste and texture to the recipe
Pesto - add flavor to Pasta
Vegetable Broth - it is rich in nutrients that boost the immune system and improve digestion
How to make
Get all the ingredients together
Put 1 cup, Penne Pasta, into the instant pot
Add 4 Oz sun-dried tomatoes
Add one tablespoon black pepper into the instant pot
Add one tablespoon of onion powder
Add one tablespoon garlic powder into the instant pot
Add 1 tablespoon dried parsley into the instant pot
Now, add 1 tablespoon oregano
Add 1 tablespoon flakes of red pepper
Pour ¼ cup of vegetable broth into the instant pot
Add 4 tablespoon pesto into the instant pot and cook it for 6 minutes at high pressure and high temperature
Add ½ cup vegan parmesan cheese
Finally, your recipe is your to be served
How to Serve
Your Instant Pot Pesto Pasta is ready to serve. You can serve white beans, legume-based salad, and green salad as side dishes with pesto pasta.
Pesto Pasta is a healthy and delicious dish with the amazing flavor of pesto. It is very friendly for your health similar to my two other pasta recipes that go by the name of Taco Pasta and Gluten-free pasta
FAQ About Instant Pot Pesto Pasta
Which type of pasta is best for pesto?
You can use any type of pasta with pesto but Penne Pasta is the best option for it.
If the Pesto Pasta is very dry, can I add oil to it?
Yes, you can add olive oil to make it greasy.
Can I reheat the leftover Pesto Pasta?
No, don't heat it again. Otherwise, it will turn black.
What is the best temperature to eat Pesto Pasta?
The best temperature for eating Pesto Pasta is room temperature.
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
Instant Pot Pesto Pasta
- 1 Cup Penne Pasta
- 4 oz Sun dried tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Dried parseley uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoon Pesto
- ½ tablespoon Vegan permesan cheese
- Gather all the necessary ingredients on your kitchen table.
- take an instant pot and add , Penne Pasta, Oz sun-dried tomatoes, one tablespoon black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and dried parsley into the insatnt pot.
- then add 1 tablespoon oregano, flakes of red pepper, cup of vegetable broth, and last but not the least few spoons of pesto pasta into it.
- lock the lid and pressure cook it for 6 minutes.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Add a vegan parmesan cheese, stir well and serve 🙂
- This recipe can easily be doubled and stored in a fridge. Transfer it in a cup whenever needed, and serve.
- Don't miss out on Vegetable Broth as it is the key ingredient of the recipe.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂