It is a very easy homemade Punjabi beef curry which boosts the depths of flavours. It is an Indian dish but is cooked all over the world.
Instant Pot Indian Punjabi Beef Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 19 minutes
Total Time: 34 minutes
- 2 lb boneless beef chuck roast cut into cubes
- 8 onions chopped
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 8 cardamoms
- 4 star anise
- 12 cloves
- 50 black peppercorns
- 4 cinnamons cut into one inch-piece each
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilies halved
- Put ghee and whole spices in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chili in the Instant pot.
- Sauté for 4 minutes and add chopped tomatoes and spices.
- Then, sauté for 2 minutes and add beef and yogurt.
- Again, sauté for 2 minutes and add water.
- Press “Cancel” and close the lid.
- Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 10 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.