It is a very easy homemade Punjabi beef curry which boosts the depths of flavours. It is an Indian dish but is cooked all over the world.
- 2 lb boneless beef chuck roast cut into cubes
- 8 onions chopped
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 8 cardamoms
- 4 star anise
- 12 cloves
- 50 black peppercorns
- 4 cinnamons cut into one inch-piece each
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilies halved
- Put ghee and whole spices in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chili in the Instant pot.
- Sauté for 4 minutes and add chopped tomatoes and spices.
- Then, sauté for 2 minutes and add beef and yogurt.
- Again, sauté for 2 minutes and add water.
- Press “Cancel” and close the lid.
- Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 10 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 306kcal Carbohydrates: 23g Protein: 4g Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 16g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 73mg Potassium: 530mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g Vitamin A: 884IU Vitamin C: 25mg Calcium: 131mg Iron: 2mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.