This Instant Pot chile Colorado is a traditional Mexican recipe.
The beef is tender and juicy, cooked in a yummy full of flavor tomato sauce. You can use it as a filling for tacos or burritos.
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Chile Colorado
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 whole dried ancho chilies
- 1 can roasted tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ½ lbs beef chuck roast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- For Sauce:Take a bowl and add chilies in it.
- Pour boiling water over them and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- While chilies are soaking, turn on the instant pot.
- Select sauté and let the pot heat.
- Add oil, onion and sauté for 4-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir continuously and add other ingredients for sauce except tomatoes.
- Let the liquid simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn of the instant pot after that.
- Take chilies out of water, cut them in half, remove the seeds and stem.
- Place chilies in a blender along with tomatoes and blend till smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- For Meat:Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the instant pot, add oil and let it heat by selecting sauté.
- Add in beef and cook for 4-6 minutes on both sides.
- Place all sauce over the beef.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 3 hours, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Serve and enjoy with any side dish of your own choice.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂