If you are fond of cooking chicken recipes, this recipe is worth your interest.
Find out how you can make an Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai recipe using a unique set of ingredients for a unique taste!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Instant Chicken pad Thai is an easy and simple one-pot meal that is loaded with tempting flavor and can be prepared in 25 minutes! You can prepare it at your home within a shorter time span than what it takes outside in restaurants and it's better tasting too.
Instant Chicken pot Thai comprising of chicken breast, green onions, eggs, bean sprouts, Rice noodles, pad Thai jar sauce & pulverized peanuts is so effortless to make. You'll be enthralled by it and will make it time and time again.
Chicken breast - A single boneless chicken piece; thighs or chicken breast are far better to opt for and highly recommended. These parts are rich in muscles, fats and easy to crush into small pieces.
Ketchup - It pervades with the right amount of zesty flavor.
Green Onions - Opt for a small bunch of fresh green onion leaves, remove the wilted outer parts and root end. Next, cut them off into thinly sliced circular parts equally to a ⅓ cup.
Oil - You will need about a single tablespoon of vegetable oil or any other cooking oil.
Salt -Instant Pot chicken pad Thai is already slightly salty in taste so we didn't add much salt to it. Just a single tablespoon. However, you are able to increase the amount if you really like salty foods.
Pepper - Pepper alters the flavour of this recipe and furnishes it with a spicy touch.
Eggs - You will also need two unboiled eggs. I prefer to use farm eggs, but you can choose grocery eggs as well.
Dry Onion - You only need two tablespoons of chopped dried onion equal to ½ cup chopped fresh onion
Bean Sprouts - Besides their nutritional value, bean sprouts also have the mildest flavour and, due to their amazing flavour, it aggrandizes the Recipe's taste.
Water - You will need two cups of water.
Rice Noodles - Besides their nutritional value, bean sprouts also have the mildest flavour and, due to their flavour, it aggrandizes the Recipe's taste.
Crushed Peanuts - You will need a cup of crushed peanuts. If it is not available to you, take some peanuts and grind them with the help of mortar & Grinder. Powdered peanuts are used as thinking agents, and here they also add caloric value to the recipe.
How to make
Get all the ingredients together on your kitchen table.
Take a cup of cut ketchup and stir it up with the help of a spoon.
Next, take a bunch of green onions, chop them off into thinly circular slices with the help of a large chef's knife.
Now cut the chicken breast into pieces and keep it aside on a plate.
Next, pour a spoon of cooking oil into the Instant pot followed by chopped chicken.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt to it.
After that, add a spoon of pepper over the chopped chicken.
Mix up the mixture for a bit, and when it is fried, transfer the paste onto a separate plate.
Now add two eggs into the instant pot.
Add a cup of onions to it.
Add green onion leaves
Now add rice noodles, bean sprouts, ketchup and stir it well.
Stir the mixture well and finally add the chicken to it, which we have fried earlier separately.
Add cut ketchup over the ingredients lying in the instant pot.
After this, shift all this whole setup from the instant pot to another dish.
Now add 2 cups of water into the instant pot.
And then put 8 OZ rice noodles.
Close the lid, and set the Instant pot at a high temperature for 1 minute. Eventually, you are ready to go with rice noodles for the recipe.
Now mix the rice noodles with the other ingredients, that we have already made in separate dishes.
Mix these two with each other.
Finally, Instant pot chicken pad Thai is ready! Serve hot, topped with crushed peanuts, along with the lime juice for better flavor. Enjoy!
Instant Pot dinner recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup green onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 small chicken breast
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 2 eggs unboiled
- ¼ cup onion choped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cup water
- 8 oz rice noddles
- ⅓ cup peanuts chopped
- ½ lime juice
- Get all the ingredients
- Stir the onions and cut the chicken pieces for using in the recipe.
- Take an instant pot and add a spoon of cooking oil and 1 tablespoon salt into it
- Further add pepper on the chicken, mix it and then fry it
- Transfer the paste into a different plate or bowl
- Now add two eggs in the Instant Pot, along with a cup of onions and green onion leaves
- Stir the mixture after adding bean sprouts and ketchup.
- Now add the fried chicken into it.
- After that, add ketchup over the ingredients and take them out in a different dish.
- Now, add two cups of water, rice noodles and close the lid of the instant pot
- Start the pot at high temperature for 1 minute, until a good brown color is obtained
- Now mix the rice noodles with the other ingredients and pair the two bowls into one to prepare the final dish.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- To keep with the idea of a one-pot meal, the Instant Pot can be used to cook the rice noodles before starting this recipe. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode first, then add 2 glasses of water, cook until it is fully prepared, and remove from the pot. Then you can continue the recipe by cooking the chicken and following the recipe, adding the rice recipe back at the end.
- One thing that should be kept in mind is that the Instant Pot Pad Thai can last for five to six days in the fridge if stored in airtight containers. Re-heat the noodles using some water sprinkled on top. This will add water to your dish.
10 thoughts on “Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai”
am I adding the rice noodles twice? (I only looked at ingredients when I added this recipe to my weekly menu, and now I am scratching my head!)
Sorry about that! I'll fix the recipe so it makes sense. I hope you were able to figure it out and still make the recipe last week.
I am really confused reading this. Are we supposed to mix the cut chicken, onions, salt pepper and oil together and then saute? And is this the " paste"? Is this the fried chicken referred to in step 8?
why am I stirring the onions?
Mixing the onions with the chicken is sort of like a quick marinade that adds flavor to the chicken. You can skip this step if you want.
Step 2, still says cut ketchup.
Fixed. Thanks 🙂
Do you add uncooked eggs and onions? Please advise
what is cut ketchup?