This Instant Pot Chicken Livers recipe is easy, quick and can be added to any side dish for a complete meal!
Some people consider chicken livers as nasty bites. But trust me, chicken livers are amazing when prepared properly...
The chicken livers in Instant Pot are flavorful, soft, and delicious...and they are so cheap! The chicken liver is an amazing piece of chicken which are often neglected and just thrown away. Although they do not look appealing, their flavor is more than delicious.
Table of Contents
Why chicken livers are good for you?
- As mentioned, these are really cheap. A whole pound of chicken livers in most stores is very cheap. When compared to the chicken itself, you can see why are these my favorite.
- The chicken livers are very nutritious. They are low in calories, high in protein, low in fat, and zero carbs
3.5 oz of livers has about 95 calories, 5 grams of protein, 0.6 grams of fat, 0 carbs, This makes them ideal for low-carb diets.
- The chicken livers are very tasty. Although they do not look, representative, they are something you must try. When these are properly cooked, they are not tough or chewy, but buttery soft. An ideal texture to nib on.
How to clean and prepare chicken livers?
The chicken livers must be cleaned properly before any use. to start with. You must rinse the chicken livers under cold water. This will remove any sediments. If you see nay membrane, simply cut it or peel off. The membrane is not the most pleasing part to eat.
Also, if any excess lining, trim it off. It is usually white or yellow in color and easy to spot. Once you have managed this, you can cut the livers in half before use, or just cook as they are.
How to make chicken livers
Gather your ingredients:
Place the cleaned livers inside your Instant pot. Add a splash of oil and cook on Saute for 3 minutes. Cover with stock and add few peppercorns.
Lock lid into place. Select Manual and set to 5 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
Serve livers warm, topped with desired herbs or served with caramelized onions.
Instant Pot Chicken Livers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.5 lb chicken livers cleaned
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 peppercorns
- Press "saute" and heat oil in the Instant Pot.
- Add chicken livers and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and peppercorns.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait 10 minutes for a natural pressure release.
- Once done, open the lid and serve :]