It is very delicious dish loved in many regions and is a treat for chickpeas lovers.
This pressure cooker Kala Chana recipe has a pleasant taste and a savoury aroma.
- 1 1/2 cup black chickpeas soaked for 4 hours in water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 green chilies cut into large pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Add oil, ginger, garlic and green chili in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped onions.
- Sauté for about 4 minutes and add chopped tomatoes, spices and salt.
- Then, sauté for 4 more minutes and add soaked chickpeas and water.
- Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 25 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid. Mix well.
- Dish out and garnish with butter and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.