Instant Pot Black Chickpeas Curry
- 1 1/2 cup black chickpeas soaked for 4 hours in water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 green chilies cut into large pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Add oil, ginger, garlic and green chili in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
After 30 seconds, add chopped onions.
Sauté for about 4 minutes and add chopped tomatoes, spices and salt.
Then, sauté for 4 more minutes and add soaked chickpeas and water.
Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 25 minutes on HIGH pressure.
Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid. Mix well.
Dish out and garnish with butter and cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!