I was taught by an Indian friend to make this easy and traditional Indian okra recipe using fresh okra and spices in an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Stuffed Okra Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 pound okra
- 2 small onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- to taste Salt
- Put the cuts in the center of the okras and remove the seeds.
- Put the oil, onions and garlic in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add tomatoes and all the spices..
- Sauté for 4 minutes and fill the mixture in the okra slits.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add half of the tomato sauce and water.
- Put the stuffed okras and pour remaining tomato sauce on top of okras.
- Lock the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally and serve hot.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks