This Instant Pot Okra recipe is very easy and you can make it in only 15 minutes.
It's a traditional Indian okra recipe using fresh okra and spices
You can have it as a heathy side dish or as a light homemade dinner.
Can I use Frozen Okra?
Yes. This is a great recipe for frozen okra, just thaw it beforehand. If you forget to thaw, you can add 1 minute to the cooking time.
Can I add ground beef?
This is a vegan okra recipe, but if you like, you can add ground beef as well.
Feel free to use this easy Instant Pot Ground beef or this Instant Pot Ground Turkey recipe.
How to serve
This dish works great with Chapati (Indian bread).
You can also serve it with brown rice or glutinous rice.
Instant Pot Stuffed Okra
Delicious recipe of vegan stuffed okra you can have as a healthy dinner.Print Pin Rate
- 2 pound okra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- Cut the center of the okras and remove the seeds.
- Press "saute" and add olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all the spices and saute for 4 more minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and saute for 2 more more minutes.
- Press "cancel" and take out the tomato mixture.
- Fill the okras with the mixture and keep aside.
- Place a steaming basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Pout 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Put the stuffed okras inside the steaming basket and pour the remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 2 minute.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Calories: 109kcal Carbohydrates: 24g Protein: 6g Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 236mg Potassium: 980mg Fiber: 9g Sugar: 7g Vitamin A: 2286IU Vitamin C: 63mg Calcium: 209mg Iron: 3mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @corriecooksblog or tag #corriecooks!