This Instant Pot Okra recipe is very easy and you can make it in only 15 minutes.
It's a traditional Indian okra recipe using fresh okra and spices
You can have it as a heathy side dish or as a light homemade dinner.
Can I use Frozen Okra?
Yes. This is a great recipe for frozen okra, just thaw it beforehand. If you forget to thaw, you can add 1 minute to the cooking time.
Can I add ground beef?
This is a vegan okra recipe, but if you like, you can add ground beef as well.
How to serve
This dish works great with Chapati (Indian bread).
Instant Pot Stuffed Okra
- 2 pound okra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- Cut the center of the okras and remove the seeds.
- Press "saute" and add olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all the spices and saute for 4 more minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and saute for 2 more more minutes.
- Press "cancel" and take out the tomato mixture.
- Fill the okras with the mixture and keep aside.
- Place a steaming basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Pout 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Put the stuffed okras inside the steaming basket and pour the remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 2 minute.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂