I was taught by an Indian friend to make this easy and traditional Indian okra recipe using fresh okra and spices in an Instant Pot.
- 3 pound okra
- 2 small onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- to taste Salt
- Put the cuts in the center of the okras and remove the seeds.
- Put the oil, onions and garlic in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add tomatoes and all the spices..
- Sauté for 4 minutes and fill the mixture in the okra slits.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add half of the tomato sauce and water.
- Put the stuffed okras and pour remaining tomato sauce on top of okras.
- Lock the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally and serve hot.
Calories: 109kcal Carbohydrates: 24g Protein: 6g Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 236mg Potassium: 980mg Fiber: 9g Sugar: 7g Vitamin A: 2286IU Vitamin C: 63mg Calcium: 209mg Iron: 3mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.