Instant Pot Avocado Fries are going to be your new favorite appetizer! In just 15 minutes of time, you'll have a crazy good and crunchy dish that everyone will rave about! If you're needing some healthy fats in your diet, check out how to make these fries.
Since you're going to use your air fryer lid, you know that these avocado fries are going to have the perfect texture and crunch! Pair with your favorite dipping sauce, and you're golden!
I'm not joking when I say that these Crispy Instant Pot Avocado Fries with a spicy sauce make a great appetizer. Pair these up with my Instant Pot french fries, and you can create an appetizer platter that's out of this world!
Everyone who tries these fries agrees on one thing - the creamy middle with the crunchy outer crust always has everyone begging for more.
Why This Recipe Works
I know what you're thinking. Avocado as fries? Really? But I promise you that there are so many great uses for avocadoes that your mind is going to be in shock.
Since avocadoes are superfoods, that's just all the more reason to eat as many as you can. They're a fun recipe and a healthy one when compared to other deep-fried foods.
- Picky eaters will love having these avocado fries and dipping sauce on their plates
- This is the perfect way to use up those avocadoes that are ripening on your counter
- You can't deny the perfection of the cooked creamy avocadoes
What is Avocado Fries?
Since you're going to be making them, it's important to know what avocado fries are! They're battered sliced avocados that are air fried to have a crunch.
Instant Pot Avocado Fries have a crispy coating on the outside, leaving the inside rich and creamy.
Which kind of Avocados should I use?
You should use firmer avocados for this recipe. Hard ones will hold their shape better as you go to air fry them.
Avocados - Choose firm avocados that are firm but still ripe.
Lime juice - Adding lime juice adds a great citrus flavoring. You can use lemon juice, too.
Salt - To taste.
Chili powder - This is great for adding some heat but can be omitted as well.
Egg - The egg is needed to bind together the rest of the ingredients.
Hot sauce - You can omit this as well if you don't want the spice.
Tortilla chips - Makes the outer crust of the fries.
How to make Instant Pot Avocado Fries?
Take your time and gather up all the ingredients. There isn't a lot, so they're all important to creating this recipe.
Step One: Cut the slices of avocado.
Step Two: Sprinkle salt and chili powder onto the avocado slices.
Step Three: Take a bowl, and add eggs and hot sauce. Whisk.
Step Four: Use a different bowl and add the crushed tortilla chips to it.
Step Five: Dip the slices of avocado in the egg mixture and cover them with crushed chips.
Step Six: Grab your Instant Pot, put the steamer basket in it, and add the coated avocados. Put the Air Fryer Lid on the Instant Pot.
Set the pot to Air Fry at 390 °F for 8 minutes.
Dish & enjoy with different dips & sauces.
Use pork rinds - If you don't want to use chips as the outer coating, you can use crushed pork rinds as your option!
- The best way to find the perfect avocado is to peel off the stem on the end. You should see a brighter green coloring, indicating that it's ripe but not too ripe. If there is a darker green or even brown coloring under the stem, that is your cue that the avocado is too ripe.
How to serve
This recipe is as simple as taking the fries out of the Instant Pot, adding them to a plate, and serving them with your favorite dips. Some dip suggestions are:
Feel free to test out different sauces and see what fits your preference the best.
Yes, even if you don't have the air fryer lid, you can make these fries. You can bake them in the oven for 16 minutes at 400 °F.
If the fries are not as crunchy as you'd like, be sure that you're giving them enough space in the Instant Pot. They can't be crowded, or they won't crisp up.
No, I don't recommend reheating avocado fries. They're best eaten fresh while they're still warm.
Instant Pot Air Fryer Recipes
When it comes to even more delicious air fryer recipes, check out these fun dishes! All are flavorful and easy to make!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment below. Thanks!
instant pot Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados peeled & sliced
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- Put the avocado slices in a bowl and mix with lime juice, salt, and chili powder.
- In a different bowl, whisk the egg and hot sauce together.
- In a different bowl, add the Tortilla chips and crush them up.
- Take the avocado slices, dip them into the egg, and then cover them with crushed tortilla chips.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot and spray the bottom of the basket with oil.
- Place the avocado slices on the basket on one layer.
- Put on the Air Fryer Lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to AIR FRY at 390 F° for 8 minutes.
- Open the lid, serve with your favorite dipping sauces, and enjoy.
- The best way to find the perfect avocado is to peel off the stem on the end. You should see a brighter green coloring, indicating that it's ripe, but not too ripe. If there is a darker green or even brown coloring under the stem, that is your cue that the avocado is too ripe.
- If the fries are not as crunchy as you'd like, be sure that you're giving them enough space in the Instant Pot. They can't be crowded, or they won't crisp up.
- If you don't want to use chips as the outer coating, you can use crushed pork rinds as your option!