If you are looking for a tasty, hearty, and satisfying side dish to add to your dinner-time repertoire that is easy to make, you should definitely try these chili cheese fries.
Made with just 3 ingredients, these chili cheese fries make an excellent side dish for taco Tuesday or a fun snack to serve on family game night.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
You are going to love these chili cheese fries because they are easy to make, super versatile, and full of flavor.
Containing only three ingredients, you can feel free to follow this recipe as is, or go off book and make your own chili, choose to use frozen fries, or swap out the cheddar cheese for any kind of cheese you prefer.
There is even more room to add any ingredients you like to boost the flavor profile. Some fresh jalapenos, diced bell peppers, or sour cream can take your chili cheese fries to the next level.
To save time, this recipe calls for canned chili however, you can use our own homemade chili if you have a recipe you prefer. This is an excellent recipe to use up any leftover chili you might have sitting in your fridge.
The cheese is another component of this recipe that you can swap out for any kind of cheese you like. These chili cheese fries taste great with cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack, pepper jack, or nacho cheese.
Fresh fries always taste better when you have the time to make them. If you want to save on some prep time, you can choose to use frozen fries too.
- If you want, you can add any additional toppings you like. Try diced peppers, jalapeños, sriracha sauce, guacamole, or sour cream for some added flavor.
What to Serve With Chili Cheese Fries
How long can chili cheese fries leftovers be stored?
Chili cheese fries leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To preserve their quality and prevent spoilage, it's best to store them in an airtight container.
It's not recommended to store chili cheese fries in the freezer, as the cheese and fries can become tough and lose their texture when reheated. It's always best to enjoy chili cheese fries fresh, as they taste the best when they are hot and crispy.
What is the best way to reheat chili cheese fries?
When you're ready to eat the leftovers, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the fries for 10-15 minutes, or until they are crispy and the cheese is melted.
Is this recipe gluten-free? Vegan?
This recipe is already gluten-free but not vegan. To make this a vegan-friendly recipe, simply use a cup of your favorite vegan chili and a cup of your favorite vegan cheese.
More Side Dish Recipes
If you enjoyed how easy and flavorful these chili cheese fries are, then you will love these other simple side dishes to whip up with any meal.
- Instant Pot Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Ling Ling Potstickers
- Instant Pot French Fries
- Air Fryer Crispy Green Beans
Chili Cheese Fries
- 4 russet potatoes medium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup canned chili
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, then cut them into thin French fry-shaped sticks.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatos in the vegetable oil, salt, and pepper until they are evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fries are crispy and golden.
- While the fries are baking, heat the canned chili in a saucepan over medium heat until it is hot.
- Once the fries are done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Return the fries to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the fries from the oven and top with the heated chili. Serve immediately and enjoy!