This Instant Pot Taquitos recipe is a lifesaver when you crave crispy, homemade, healthy, and juicy Mexican food.
These savory Mexican-style Instant Pot Taquitos snacks are quick to make and delicious to eat!
Serve with coleslaw and spicy sauces for a greater experience.
For this healthy taquito recipe, we are using the Air Fryer Lid instead of the deep frying. Less calories and yet a great taste!
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Taquitos Recipe Video
What is Taquitos?
The word Taquito originates from Spanish which means small Taco or rolled Tacos.
Taquitos are rich, flavorful, and appealingly filled with shredded meat, sauces, tomatoes, and other vegetables.
The difference between a Taco and Taquito is basically we bake the Taquito for some time after filling tortillas.
What else can I add?
- Instant Pot Taquitos is a very versatile recipe so play around with the ingredients.
- Swap the beef brisket with chicken, turkey, or even pork.
- Add cilantro or lime juice to the top.
How to serve?
Taquitos can be served in a hundred different ways. Try to serve with:
Sour cream on the top
Salsa sauce (like this Instant Pot salsa)
Looking for more? Check out What To Serve With Taquitos for 20 delicious recipes.
Can I store the leftovers?
Taquitos are freezer-friendly, keep in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 30 days.
How to reheat?
To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge.
Then reheat in microwave or oven for 10 minutes before serving.
How to make Instant Pot Taquitos
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Pour water into the instant pot, toss beef, add salt and onion.
Add 4 cups of water or as much as needed to cover the beef completely.
Set the pot to high pressure for 10 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Dish out and shred the meat.
Press "saute" for 5 minutes, add chopped tomato, and minced garlic and stir.
Add oil, shredded beef, salt, pepper, cumin, and mix for a few minutes.
Fin tortillas with the beef mixture.
Take your instant pot and place the air fryer basket inside.
Spray the basket with cooking spray.
Transfer the taquitos to the basket in one layer and cover it with an air fryer lid.
Air fry at 390 °F for 7 minutes.
Add fun-filled toppings on them and serve 🙂
More Tortilla Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Instant Pot Taquitos
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ onion
- 1 tomato
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb beef brisket
- 2 teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dozen tortillas
- 1 cup chopped lettuce for serving
- shredded cheese for serving
- Pour water into the Instant Pot. 4 cups or enough to cover the beef.
- Add beef, salt and onion and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Take out the beef and shred with two forks.
- Press "Saute" and add olive oil.
- Add chopped tomato, and minced garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add shredded beef, salt, pepper and cumin and stir for 4 minutes.
- Take our the beef mixture and place aside.
- Fill the tortillas with the beef mixture and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot and spray cooking spray inside.
- Place the taquitos in the basket in one layer.
- Cover it with the air fryer lid and AIR FRY at 390°F for 7 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce shredded cheese one top 🙂