A quick and flavorful, weeknight dinner meal of chicken breast. Enjoy a healthy main dish in only 20 minutes!
If you are looking for a low-fat recipe, this aromatic and juicy chicken breast will become your favorite.
Table of Contents
How to serve
You can serve this herbed chicken breast with any side side dish you like. Some examples:
Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
More Chicken recipes
Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Breasts
Instant Pot Herb Chicken
A simple and easy recipe to make the most tender, juicy and flavorful herb chicken in an Instant Pot.Print Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- ½ teaspoon dreid basil crushed
- 1 ¼ cup water for the Instant Pot
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper generously.
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and press "saute".
- Add the chicken and saute for 3 minutes per side until brown.
- Press "cancel", add water and deglaze the pot.
- Place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the chicken on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Calories: 291kcal Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 48g Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 266mg Potassium: 848mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 72IU Vitamin C: 3mg Calcium: 18mg Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @corriecooksblog or tag #corriecooks!
5 thoughts on “Instant Pot Herb Chicken”
Do you leave the chicken in the pot when adding the water to deglaze or remove the chicken beforehand?
You can leave it in if you want, but it might be easier to remove the chicken for a minute while you deglaze.
Great recipe I think next time I will use more herbs on the chicken and use chicken broth instead as water to give it more flavor.
Thanks! That sounds like a good idea, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe.
I was excited to try this recipe but the instructions are missing some details. No where does it say when, where and how to use the herbs. Please confirm the use of these ingredients and update the post please. Thank You