A perfect combination of tea-time with Instant pot Empanadas.
This Instant pot Empanadas recipe will make your favorite sweet dish easier and quick.
Try these homemade empanadas and enjoy a delicious appetizer, sweet or salty.
What is Instant Pot Empanadas?
An American cuisine filled with apple gravy loaded with delicious taste.
Instant pot dessert recipes are mostly easy but this Instant pot Empanadas recipe is easier and quicker to save your time and to serve your Tea-time snacking.
Ready in just 10 minutes to serve your dessert cravings after dinner.
What are Empanadas made of?
Empanadas can be made with different ingredients and they can be baked and fried or else you can use an Instant Pot just as we have used here.
Empanadas can be filled with sweet and as well as spicy filling.
Its's outer covering is made with Puff pastry sheets.
Can I change the filling?
Sure! It's totally up to you.
For making it sweet you can use fruits fillings like pineapple fillings or apple fillings (like we do in this recipe).
You can even make these special Instant Pot Halloween Pumpkin Empanadas.
If you are making it spicy you can use bacon fillings, beef fillings, or chicken fillings etc.
Can I store Instant Pot Empanadas?
YES, You can store Instant pot Empanadas in an air-tight container for up to 6-7 days.
For later, you can have Instant pot Empanadas cooled with a scoop of ice cream 😉 and as well as warm with your breakfast tea.
How to make Instant Pot Empanadas?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Put peeled apple slices into the pot.
Let the Instant pot saute for 5 minutes.
Pour 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract into the pot.
Add 1 cinnamon stick to the pot and pour some water into the pot.
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar into the pot.
Mix the ingredients in the pot.
Take a sheet of puff pastry and flatten it out.
Cut out round shapes from the pastry sheet.
Spread the apple gravy on a round-shaped pastry sheet and flip it with an empanadas/dumpling maker.
Take a bowl and add an egg to the bowl.
Whisk the egg and brush it on empanadas.
Apply cooking spray on the air fryer basket in the instant pot.
Add empanadas into the pot.
Cover the lid and air fry at 390F for 8 minutes.
Dish out and serve your tummy with these yummy and healthy Instant pot Empanadas.
Instant Pot Apple Recipes
Instant Pot Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot Empanadas
- 4 apples peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- cooking spray for the air fryer basket
- Press "saute" and add apple slices.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, water and sugar, stir well and saute for 5 minutes.
- Take a sheet of puff pastry and flatten it out
- Cut round shapes from puff pastry sheet
- Take a dumpling or empanada maker and put the 1 shape inside.
- Add the apple filling and close the empanadas.
- Repeat the process until you have 10 empanadas.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and brush the empanadas with the whisked egg.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot and spray the bottom with cooking spray.
- Put the empanadas inside the basket.
- Cover with the air fryer lid and Air Fry at 390 °F for 8 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂