Creme brulee is indulging yet light and satisfying treat. This crème brûlée is made with just five ingredients. Instant Pot creme brulee is one of that ultra-fancy dessert that’s actually pretty easy to make but requires some time and skill.
This divine egg-based cream pair amazing with the crispy sugar crust on top. The creme brulee is one of the fancy desserts that is easy to make but requires some time and skill.
This Instant Pot creme brulee recipe turns the skillful task of making the creme brulee into a simple hand-off task. You will just make the custard, divide among the ramekins, and just for eight minutes the hardest part of the cooking is done.
Can I use coconut cream instead of heavy cream?
If you want to make something else and turn the creme brulee into an exotic dessert, you can use the coconut cream. You can use the same amount of coconut cream as you would heavy cream.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double the recipe and make the four full ramekins. Make sure you are using large eggs instead of a medium to get the full ramekin.
How to serve the creme brulee?
This is a fancy dessert and you really do not need any extra addition. Still, if you want to add an extra touch, any kind of berries will work. Strawberries, raspberries, or currants…all will be fine. Speaking about herbs the mint is one of the best herbs to pair with the sweet creme brulee.
How to make creme brulee crust?
Sprinkle the creme brulee with brown sugar and set under a broiler or inside the Instant Por Air Fryer Lid\ Instant Pot Duo Crisp \ Mealthy Crisp Lid for 2 minutes.
How long should I keep it on fridge?
Refrigerate for 2 hours after cooking.
Can I freeze the creme brulee?
Yes. You can keep this Instant Pot Creme brulee in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How to make the creme brulee
Gather your ingredients:
Beat egg yolks and sugar.
Bring heavy cream to a gentle simmer and add vanilla.
Remove from the heat and slowly whisk with the egg yolks.
Divide the mixture between ramekins. Insert the trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour in water. Place the ramekins inside on the trivet.
Lock the lid into place. Select Hight pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Perform a natural pressure release.
- 3 egg yolks
- 8 ounce heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Put the cream in a pan, heat until bubbles come out around the edges.
- Remove from the heat and add salt and vanilla bean paste, whisk it then cool it down.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar put it in heavy cream mixture and beat well.
- Spray two ramekins and pour the mixture in it.
- Adjust the trivet in an instant pot and add water.
- Place ramekins over the trivet, close, and seal the lid.
- Press “Manual” and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and remove the ramekins carefully.
- Cool for at least 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over each ramekin.
- Broil each ramekin for around 2 minutes until sugar bubbles and melted.
- Serve with berries and mint.