Creme brulee is indulging yet light and satisfying treat. This crème brûlée is made with just five ingredients. Instant Pot creme brulee is one of that ultra-fancy dessert that’s actually pretty easy to make but requires some time and skill.
This divine egg-based cream pair amazing with the crispy sugar crust on top. The creme brulee is one of the fancy desserts that is easy to make but requires some time and skill.
This Instant Pot creme brulee recipe turns the skillful task of making the creme brulee into a simple hand-off task. You will just make the custard, divide among the ramekins, and just for eight minutes the hardest part of the cooking is done.
Can I use coconut cream instead of heavy cream?
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double the recipe and make the four full ramekins. Make sure you are using large eggs instead of a medium to get the full ramekin.
How to serve the creme brulee?
This is a fancy dessert and you really do not need any extra addition. Still, if you want to add an extra touch, any kind of berries will work. Strawberries, raspberries, or currants…all will be fine. Speaking about herbs the mint is one of the best herbs to pair with the sweet creme brulee.
How to make creme brulee crust?
Sprinkle the creme brulee with brown sugar and set under a broiler or inside the Instant Por Air Fryer Lid\ Instant Pot Duo Crisp \ Mealthy Crisp Lid for 2 minutes.
How long should I keep it on fridge?
Refrigerate for 2 hours after cooking.
Can I freeze the creme brulee?
Yes. You can keep this Instant Pot Creme brulee in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How to make the creme brulee
Gather your ingredients:
Beat egg yolks and sugar.
Bring heavy cream to a gentle simmer and add vanilla.
Remove from the heat and slowly whisk with the egg yolks.
Divide the mixture between ramekins. Insert the trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour in water. Place the ramekins inside on the trivet.
Lock the lid into place. Select Hight pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Perform a natural pressure release.
- 3 egg yolks
- 8 ounce heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and white sugar
- Using a pan, bring heavy cream to simmer.
- Remove from the heat, add salt and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl and whisk with the egg yolks.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place a trivet.
- Spray the ramekins with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and place them on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, allow a natural pressure release for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid, remove the ramekins and let them cool for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over each ramekin.
- Using Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid or the oven, broil each ramekin for 2 minutes until sugar bubbles and melted.
- Serve with berries and mint.