Here at Corrie Cooks, we keep you well versed with all the different kind of pressure cookers in detail. Today, we bring to you a neat review of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808.
The name Elite Platinum is something almost all of you must already be familiar with, just like the Fagor LUX and the Breville Fast Slow Pro. Let us look at one of the most prominent models of the same Elite Platinum series and find out the specific details of the model and let us see how it stands up against the other products in the market of electric pressure cookers.
- The main features of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808
- Hmm…. Are there any negative things that one must know about it?
- The technical specifications of Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808
- So, is the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 worth it?
- The main competing products of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808:
The main features of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808
The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 is one of the most prominent models of the Elite Platinum. The main features that this model offers its prospective buyers are as follows:
- It has a moderately large volume of 8 quarts, as is obvious from the name.
- It has 19 multi-functions ranging all the way from Reheat, Brown Rice, White Rice, Wild Rice & Grains, Vegetables & Fish, Desserts, Potatoes, Pork & Ribs, Chicken, Beans, Stew, Beef, Soup, and Browning/Keep Warm.
- Browning is really easy if you’re using this pressure cooker. This Electric pressure cooker lets you easily brown your meat before you begin to cook it.
- The Maxi-Matic EPC-808 offers you a 29 hour delay timer allows user to program cooking to begin at a later time.
- If there is a power out for a brief period during your cooking session, that’s nothing to be worried about if you’re using the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 which is fit for places like where I live where there are a lot of power outs for a little while.
- It has a 13-function preset menu to choose from the right preset option in order to perfectly cook your desired food.
Hmm…. Are there any negative things that one must know about it?
Although it might appear at this point that this pressure cooker has no CONS, that is not really the case, there are a few things that could have been there/not have been there in order to make this beautiful electric pressure cooker even more beautiful.
Some of the cons of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 are as follows:
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 has some specific settings for some preset modes. These are not exactly changeable in some cases. That’s a minor drawback in its versatility.
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 also doesn’t provide you with the Yogurt maker (specialty of Instant Pot) or the “Flavor Infusion Technology” (Specialty of the Power Pressure Cooker XL) functions that other electric pressure cookers specialize in.
The technical specifications of Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808
The technical specifications of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 might be summed in the the following list:
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 has a volume of 8 quarts, a moderately large size in the presently prevalent sizes of the electric pressure cooker market.
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 has a non-stick pot and a stainless steel body, that makes it great from the inside as well as great and scratch resistant from the outside!
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 has only one color available, the default color.
- Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 has a semi cubical dimension of 15.3″ X 15″ X 15″.
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 has a weight of about 17 pounds, that’s a pretty heavy machine considering its dimension. That makes it all the more special to note because it denotes the quality, and from the weight it seems like the quality of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 is pretty high for its price range.
- The Wattage of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 is 1200.
So, is the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 worth it?
The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808 is one of those electric pressure cooker models where you first seem to be confused because of all the functionalities that it offers. But it is again balanced out based on the fact that it is one of those models which, although offer a lot of functionalities of their own, lack the special features from other specific models entirely.
At the end of the day, however, it can be said that looking at the quality and functionality of this model, if you aren’t looking for any of the special qualities like the extreme aesthetic looks of the Fagor LUX, or the Flavor infusion technology of the Power Pressure Cooker XL or the Yogurt Maker function of the Instant Pot, it is a great cooker that is really worth trying out!
The main competing products of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-808:
The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic has quite a lot of competing products, of them specific mentions might be made of specific products in specific fields (in specific terms, such as functionalities, economic viability and other such things) and a list of those might be drawn up as this:
In terms of functionality, this pressure cooker might find several competitors such as the Cosori Electric Pressure Cooker, The Fagor LUX electric pressure cooker (click here for the differences between the Cosori and the Fagor LUX), the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker and even the Breville Fast Slow Pro (click here for the differences between the Cuisinart and Breville Fast Slow Pro).
In terms of special features, this electric pressure cooker is nothing special, it has no special features of its own and it does not really provide you with any special features that make other line of products notable either. That is no reason to buy it, however, if you are looking for that, you might look at the Instant Pot and Power Pressure Cooker XL.
Finally, in terms of economic viability, this product is at the price range of the Instant Pot. If you are looking for cheaper models with the same facilities or even more facilities, you might want to take a look at the products like Tayama electric pressure cooker and Bella electric pressure cooker.