Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi are two competing brands on the market of electric pressure cookers with multiple functions. They both feature amazing products in a wide range of models, but for this Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi comparison, I decided to review their most popular designs.
As such, we’ll be looking at the Instant Pot DUO 60 and the Ninja Foodi 6.5qt. I reviewed both of them, and I can draw a clear conclusion when it comes to the type of kitchen for which they were designed. So, if you are interested in making a purchase or plan on upgrading your appliances, make sure to read the pros and cons for each, but don’t forget about my conclusions.
Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi Comparison Table
Instant Pot DUO Review
As you may know, Instant Pot has a lot of models I reviewed on https://www.corriecooks.com/best-instant-pot/, but in order to make life easier for you, I chose the most popular one for this comparison.
The DUO series is wildly popular among both amateur and advanced chefs because it comes with a wide range of cool features without a big price tag.
Pressure cookers in this series are available in three sizes: 3qt (or the Mini), 6qt (the most popular), and 8qt (for larger quantities). I reviewed the 6qt. version, but besides the size, all the features are the same.
The IP DUO 60 is made from fingerprint-resistant brushed stainless steel on the outside and uses food-grade non-stick steel for the inner pot. Moreover, the bottom is made with 3-ply stainless steel to ensure even heating and durability.
Since this is a programmable electric multicooker, it is also equipped with 3rd generation technology and comes with an embedded microprocessor. As such, each dish is monitored for pressure, temperature, and heat intensity, and the pot makes necessary adjustments to deliver ideal results. Furthermore, the sealed lid and steam release valve ensure that flavors and nutrients remain in the food, which means better taste and texture.
The DUO 60 is a 7-in-1 pot, which means it can replace seven other appliances in your kitchen. In one elegant and slick design, you get a pressure and slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a dish for sautéing and simmering, and a food warmer. As a bonus, people who love to make yogurt at home, now have a yogurt maker too!
IP DUO is controlled using the front panel with a large LCD display and one-touch buttons. The interface is user-friendly and easy to understand and features 14 pre-set smart programs and the possibility to adjust settings such as temperature or pressure. For instance, the Sauté and Slow Cook modules have three settings of temperature (Less, Normal, and More).
Lastly, the pot features a 24-hour delay start and automatic keep-warm function. This lets you customize your cooking according to your availability.
- Available in three sizes
- Can replace seven appliances in the kitchen
- Frontal control panel with buttons and LCD
- 10 safety mechanisms
- Keep Warm and 24-hour Delay Start functions
- 14 smart programs
- Yogurt maker
- Adjustable settings
- Incredibly popular among users
- Great value for the price
- Easy to clean
- It doesn’t have a cake making function
- No sterilizer
- Some extra parts are a bit expensive
- The steam release valve needs to be operated manually
- The cable could have been longer
- Best Selling Model: America’s most loved multi cooker, built with the latest 3rd generation technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve desired results every time
- Cooks Fast and Saves Time: The Instant Pot Duo multi-cooker combines 7 appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker and warmer – and cooks up to 70% faster
- Consistently Delicious: 14 one-touch Smart Programs put cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more on autopilot – with tasty results
- Easy to Clean: Fingerprint-resistant stainless steel lid and components and accessories are dishwasher safe
- Plenty of Recipes: Free Instant Pot app on iOS and Android devices is, loaded with hundreds of recipes for any cuisine to get you started on your culinary adventure. Millions of users provide support and guidance in the many Instant Pot online communities
Ninja Foodi Review
Unlike Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi only offers two electric pressure cookers: Ninja Foodi (6.5qt) and Ninja Foodi Deluxe (8qt). I had the chance to review the 6.5qt version, but all the features are the same, so if you like it but want more space in the pot, you may want to get the Deluxe version.
Now, this is promoted as being the “pressure cooker that crisps” because it has an integrated air fryer module that can provide a crisp, golden finish. The technology is called TenderCrisp because the pot allows you to first make your food tender (by using the pressure cooker) and then crispy (by using the air fryer).
Just like the IP DUO, the Ninja Foodi can replace several appliances in the kitchen. As such, you get a pressure cooker, an air fryer, a sauté dish, a steamer, and a dehydrator (for delicious snacks like jerky or chips).
The air fryer system is embedded in the main lid (aka the crisping lid) that lets users air fry, bake, roast, and broil. This allows users to enjoy fried foods with up to 75% less fat without losing anything from the taste. There is also a second lid, which you put on when using the pressure cooking function.
In terms of design, Ninja Foodi is wider than the standard Instant Pot design and features a black finish that gives it a more modern look. The front panel is simpler in comparison to the IP-DUO and only has buttons that allow for customization and mode selection (no pre-set programs).
On the inside, there is a ceramic-coated non-stick pot that can accommodate a 5-lb. chicken or up to 3 lbs. of French fries. It also comes with a 4-qt. Cook & Crisp™ basket and a reversible rack. Once the cooking is complete, the pot goes into stay warm mode automatically (up to 12 hours).
Overall, the Ninja Foodi is easy to use, has many interesting features, and shortens regular cooking times. However, you should keep in mind that this is a big and heavy item, so it’s best to find it a designated place in the kitchen.
- Easy to include it in your cooking routine
- The interface is user-friendly
- Air frying feature
- Dehydration function
- Available in two sizes
- Dishwasher safe accessories
- 14 levels of safety
- TenderCrisp technology
- Keep warm up to 12 hours
- The main lid is not removable
- It is heavy and tall
- In pressure cooking mode, the air frying lid remains open
- Steam release valve operates manually
- The cable could be a bit longer
- Dehydrator rack is sold separately
- The ninja foodi the pressure cooker that crisps; Pressure cooker, air fryer, tender crisper
- Tender crisp technology allows you to quickly cook ingredients, then the crisping lid gives your meals a crispy, golden finish
- Pressure cook upto 70 % faster versus traditional cooking methods; Air fry with upto 75 % less fat than traditional frying methods; Versus slow cooked, braised, or low simmer recipes tested against hand cut, deep fried french fries
- 6.5 quart ceramic coated pot: Nonstick, PTFE/PFOA free, and easy to clean; Enough capacity to cook a roast for your family
- 4 quart cook & crisp basket: Large capacity, ceramic coated, PTFE/PFOA free basket holds upto a 5 pounds chicken or 3 pounds; Of french fries to feed your whole family; Nonstick for easy cleanup; Never clean the cooker base in the dishwasher; Always use a non abrasive sponge or cleaning tool when washing your unit
Which One Should I Buy?
While reviewing these two multicookers, it dawned on me just how amazing they are. Both make life in the kitchen easier and let you enjoy high-end foods with the receiving the dreaded check at the end. However, they do look and feel different, so here’s my conclusion:
Choose Instant Pot If…
- You want one of the most popular pressure cookers on the market
- You don’t want to spend too much on fancy features
- You want a yogurt maker
- You like the idea of pre-set dishes
- You don’t have too much space in your kitchen
- You want the slow cooking functionality
Choose Ninja Foodi If…
- The air frying feature is important to you
- You like to cook crispy and healthy foods at home
- You have space in the kitchen for a bigger device
- The dehydration function sounds appealing
- Your budget allows a more expensive purchase
So, if you want to enjoy crispy foods without worrying about the extra fat and its effects on your health, the Ninja Foodi pot is a wonderful choice. On the other hand, if you’re more interested in cooking stews, rice, and making yogurt, the Instant Pot DUO series is more down your alley.
Lastly, while they both have great features, if the price is an important decision factor, then the IP-DUO is the best multicooker for you.