In today's article we are going to compare two models that are quite similar and quite dissimilar at the same time.
These two models are similar in the following aspects:
- Both of these are highly functional electric pressure cookers.
- Both of these are high-end electric pressure cookers.
- The two models are equally famous.
Over the course of the article, we'd take a detailed look at the main features of each of these in order to figure out what the main differences between these two are which might impact the choice of a customer.
What is so special about the Instant Pot Ultra
Instant Pot Ultra is a hugely upgraded version of the instant pot that boasts superiority to almost all the previous models. This makes this model all the more important to study.
- This model has all the features that the other Instant Pot models offer you (with the exception of bluetooth conectivity), which makes it completely reasonable to buy if you're looking to buy any other instant pot model.
- The Instant Pot Ultra boasts of a greater flexibility and versatility than ever before. It can serve as many functions as you want.
- Sous-Vide Cooking is a special function. Although this model does not give it to you as well as the dedicated sous-vide cookers do.
- The Instant Pot has added a new “Ultra” button. This button is basically the same thing as a “Manual” button. The difference however is that this pot actually gives you a lot of manual control that other pots lack in terms of pressure settings, temperature, and time.
- The Ultra is capable of altering your pressure cooking to adjust for your specific elevation. For those people who live at high altitude locations this is huge because you won't have to manually adjust cooking times any more. The Ultra will do it for you!
- Again, the Instant Pot Ultra provides you with one of the most accessible interfaces available. This makes it a really special product that is not only easy but also interesting to use. This is a great plus for the Instant Pot Ultra.
- It has a wattage of 1000.
What are the main features of the Breville Fast Slow Pro?
The Breville Fast Slow Pro is an old name in the market. It is one of the three models of Breville and undoubtedly one of the most successful high-end electric pressure cookers ever made. This has made a name for itself in the market.
However, we might take a look at the main features that the Breville Fast Slow Pro offers. These are as follows:
- The Breville Fast Slow pro boasts of a Color Changing LED Display system that makes it really easy to check out the ongoing process and this makes the cooking simpler.
- This electric pressure is also known for its special ability of slow cooking, just like its name denotes. The Breville Fast Slow Pro has a wide range of pressure settings so that you can ideally cook the food the way it should be.
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro has a volume of 6 quarts, a typical volume for a family of three.
- It is almost completely automated. Except selecting the function, it has almost nothing that has to be done manually.
- It boasts of 11 preset cooking options, a huge range to choose from, which makes it a pretty great choice if you are looking for high functionality.
- It also ranks very high in terms of safety measures. It has a 3-Way Safety System consisting of: safety locking lid, automatic hands-free steam release and safety-valve.
- Finally, the Breville Fast Slow Pro has a wattage of about 1100.
Pricing for the Fast Slow Pro is steep but it is no doubt a very popular product and built by one of the premier kitchen brands in the world.
The Main Differences between the two
These two models are both great choices on their own. However, there are quite a few differences that set thew two apart in general. Of these differences, the most important and notable ones which might help you choose one (over the other) are as follows:
- The Instant Pot Ultra has a larger display system and actually a better display system in general than the Breville Fast Slow Pro.
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro is not able to provide you with the Yogurt maker function which is the specialty of the Instant Pot (like the Flavor Infusion Technology of the Power Pressure Cooker XL)
- The Instant Pot Ultra is also comparatively more functional than the Breville because of the "Ultra" function that it has. It allows the Instant Pot Ultra owner to even fix his own programs the way he wants, putting it ahead of the Breville Fast Slow Pro.
- The Sous-Vide cooking is a special feature that is available in only the Instant Pot Ultra among these two models, putting it ahead.
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro, as I write this article, is still more expensive than even the new Instant Pot Ultra, giving the Instant Pot Ultra a cost advantage.
- Finally, the wattage difference between them is 100 with the Breville Fast Slow pro having the higher amount with 1100 watts.
So... which one is better?
While both of them are really great options and worth your money, Instant Pot has made a breakthrough. The Instant Pot Ultra is mostly better than the Breville Fast Slow Pro in every aspect while being considerably cheaper as well.
This makes the Instant Pot Ultra the obvious choice over the Breville Fast Slow Pro. However, if you are a dedicated customer of the Breville Fast Slow Pro who isn't willing to ditch it for some new model, you can still go for it without worrying because it is also a really great model.
At the end of the day, the best one is dependent on your perspective. But in general, the Instant Pot Ultra seems to provide you with more features than the Breville Fast Slow Pro at a lower price.
Maybe you need to check another model - the Instant Pot Duo or the Duo Plus!